The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Boughtonville Camping Reviews
Quiet in Winter

Only 6 campers in the entire park. A nice bike trail leads from the campground to the beach. The park is very clean and well maintained. In the winter all of the bathrooms and shower houses are closed but a porta potty is available. Also all the water is off except at the check in office there is a hose for potable water.

There’s lots of wildlife at this park. We saw lots of deer, squirrels and eagles.

This park is definitely worth the trip in the off season, but I am not sure it’s for us peak season.

Just okay Mo

We went in July. It was incredibly crowded. Many sites were set up as buddy sites so we had to share our outside space with our neighbors. It was tight and awkward.

There is zero internet and no signal which is fine for camping but made finding the weather or maps very challenging.

The roads are narrow and there are a lot of people. We did not kayak the river bc there were just too many people on the river, the water was low due to lack of rain this summer, and when we could see the grotesque adult behavior from the road, we knew we weren't interested in joining that mess.

The site was clean, it is full hookup, and they drive you to your site, which was nice. There is a fire bowl and picnic table for each site and dogs are allowed. Our pull through site was plenty level and accommodated our 33' camper and truck. There is a trail off the campground which is nice. The Mohican State park is full of great trails.

The campground is easy to find and everyone was very nice and the other campers are mostly respectful. There were a few cars and motorcycles that kept "cruising" around which felt strange but was likely harmless.

Photo was during checkout this the empty look. The two rigs in the photo are facing one another which is what I mentioned above.

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Disappointing

Campsites are super close to each other, people arrived late and were extremely loud trying to park their campers and fifth wheels, someone decided to turn their generator on at 4:30am. Possibly just a bad weekend to end up here-didn’t end up staying for our whole reservation.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Fall is here!

Site 29 - this was a nice site in tall pine trees and colors all around. The pad was gravel and pretty level. We had trees in our site that could be used for hammocks as well. We were able to set up our ez-up and still have room to walk our dogs. It wasn’t the biggest site, but definitely not the smallest. We had electric for our camper. We had a good storm one night that caused a small pool of water out front and around the fire ring, but both areas drained very well the next day. There are vault toilets at the end of the road and a very nice shower house as you drive in that were clean all weekend. The park had a couple of playgrounds for kids, disc golf course and lots of hiking trails. The camp store is now open with limited hours. Wood is available but it’s all slab cut. There are also permanent cornhole boards. There are full hook up sites as well but are right next to one another and not a lot of trees. You can drive down to the lake and kayak and fish. It’s a very small campground with a very big park.

Boring spot with lots of horse poop!

I got to Mohican a little late. Decided to do this free spot to save money. Well hidden with no view. Also had to dodge lots of horse manure. I definitely should have gotten a paid for spot.

Nice?

Friendly staff, clean bathroom, and lots of amenities

Not good

I was at first happy to find a campground along our route. They had some seasonal campers that had left, which opened up some spaces. Choice made because closest campground to Cleveland. Well the site was trashed. Garage all over, firpit overflowing with charcoal and beer bottles. Woods behind site full of beer bottles and garbage. People camping there were loud and not speed limit adherence. Lots of rules but people didn't enforce what so ever. Would not return or recommend.

Family fun

Nice spot to take children