About Mount Gilead State Park
Mount Gilead State Park is located in Ohio
7 Reviews of Mount Gilead State Park
Activities only

Very small clean some play areas seen good for city based activities camp ground not so much

Modern and convenient

This campground is small with small sites. However some sites do have electricity and water. I think all have electric. The park is nice for fishing and hiking and there are spots for the kids to play.

One huge problem I had was the lack of staff midweek. As it turned out they were going to seal the asphalt the next day so I moved on and did not spend as much time as I wanted to. I probably will not return to this campground due to the size of the sites.

Camping at its best

This is a great park. Has a large pavilion. Nice camp sites. Has many hiking trails. Amphitheater is good size.

Great Disc Golf Course

We stayed only one night and it was a pretty roomy site. We took a night walk with headlamps and found the disc golf course. This was laid out to be a crazy course and included repelling ropes!

Quiet, peaceful getaway

My husband and I camped here last week without kids. We stayed at site 10. The campground was quiet and peaceful. Our site was a concrete pad and our grassy area was on a hill. It is dog friendly and the shower house was clean. They also have laundry available. Our kids would have been bored but if you’re looking for quiet, this is a great place.

Mount Gilead State Park Campground

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay at Mount Gilead State Park Campground. The campground seemed to be geared towards people with RVs, as all the sites had electrical hookups. There were also sites with water hookups, but those cost a bit more. We just needed a place to park our car and pitch a tent, so we found a site with a good amout of grass and less pavement. The sites were pretty close together, but there were just enough trees between them that there ended up being some element of privacy.

The rest of the facility seemed nice as well. There was a small playground, and an office that sold firewood. The restrooms and showers were impeccably clean. They were the cleanest of any campground I've seen so far. The showers are free and button-operated. In addition, I believe there was a hiking trail or two through the forest that started at the campground. I would happily camp here again!

Camp & Hike

Lovely state park! Happy about the new indoor facilities.