Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 95 ft.
American Wilderness Campground is located in Ohio
5 Reviews of American Wilderness Campground
Not good

I was at first happy to find a campground along our route. They had some seasonal campers that had left, which opened up some spaces. Choice made because closest campground to Cleveland. Well the site was trashed. Garage all over, firpit overflowing with charcoal and beer bottles. Woods behind site full of beer bottles and garbage. People camping there were loud and not speed limit adherence. Lots of rules but people didn't enforce what so ever. Would not return or recommend.

Family friendly

I think this is probably a really nice family place. I, on the other hand, was looking for a place to pitch my tent en route to elsewhere. The meadow I was in was open, no shade. The firewood I bought was wet, so much so it simply smoldered & sweat.

Better than expected

Aug 2019, 3 nights. We were tent camping on a site w/electric & water. We had nice woods behind us, neighbors to the right and vacancy on the left (jackpot). A quick walk to the playground for the kids, lake and store weren’t much further then restrooms with showers were right there as well.

We weren’t expecting much and actually only booked it because of proximity. It’s only 20mins from our home, so we were really curious. Definitely would come back, but may opt for a primitive site as we liked the placement a little better than if we were surrounded on both sides.

Good

Mostly seasonal campers. Drive in sites are set back & not near the lake. They have back in & drive through sites. There is a small store. It is close to Cleveland & has Good Sam discount.

Not a terrible place

We stayed in the primitive area and it was just ok. Only a port o potty was available in that area but you could walk to a different area for restrooms and showers. I think if you paid for a seasonal site, your experience would be much better as you would be close to the amenities and have views of the nice lake.