Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 45 ft.
Findley is located in Ohio
25 Reviews of Findley
Clean and great hiking

Findley state park is well maintained large park! We can easily get lost on 3 mile hikes in the woods and still be on marked paths! The roads are paved and excellent for biking and skating. About half the sites are for tent or dry camping. Half have electric and a few of those have full hookups. We have enjoyed the shade at our site this week and the space between us and our neighbors.

Shower houses are clean. Canoes and kayaks are available for renting. Many musicians set up camp and would jam out for some live evening music! Everyone was so nice at the campground. We enjoyed our stay.

Truly lovely campground with trails and lake and spacious sites.

We were just stopping over on our way from here to there. I’d love to come back for a longer stay.

Nice little site, easy to get to

I stayed here on a road trip and got in relatively late, around 8:30. Good signage to the camping sites, very easy to navigate. There’s a bathroom/shower house near the sites, as well as a fire ring at each individual site. Dirt in the campsites is packed super tight, it’s hard to drive tent stakes. However, it’s flat enough where it isn’t really an issue.

Awesome campground!

Truly enjoyed a long weekend exploring the trails and sitting by the lake. Well maintained. Great folks. Beautiful lots. We will be back!

Great state park campground!

We had a great time at Findley State Park Campground the past weekend! The camp staff was extremely friendly and made a great first impression. We reserved two sites (20 & 21) and both sites had plenty of space! I was amazed at how large each site was. Bathroom, water and dumpster was close by. Easy hiking and plenty of road to bike along. Felt very safe as the camp hosts and rangers drove by several times throughout the day. We can’t wait to go back!

Wet Park

We probably didn’t see this park at its best since COVID-19 was still causing restrictions. The sites were not mowed and very wet. They trails had not been maintained in awhile and our full hookup site the water wasn’t working and the sewer was full so we still had to dump and the main dump station. I did love all the tall trees! FHS 252

Wonderful Family Campground

Great place for family camping. Many different sites to choose from and the pines are beautiful. The hiking around the lake is really neat and the disc golf looks fun! We didn’t have discs but would bring some next time! Can’t say it’s the quietest of places but that could have just been our experience.

A Little Disappointing...

There are places to hike, boats to rent, fishing, a store and of course swimming, but the lake was a mess and actually not able to be used (algae).

The site was nice and secluded, but you could hear road noise at all hours of the day, so it wasn't very quiet. It was my first time there, so maybe another spot would be netter, but I don't know if I'll go back.

Good

Fairly level gravel pads. Lots of spaces close but not on top of each other.

Ranger Review: A Peaceful Morning by the Lake with Nature's Coffee Kettle

If you're looking for a quiet place to hang your pole for a weekend, this near-city escape is for you! Less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, and minutes from historic downtowns Wellington and Oberlin, Ohio, is a quiet, wooded retreat with all the amenities.

Fishing, canoeing, and kayaking (rentals and bait available too!) are offered on Findley Lake, as well as a small, uncrowded public beach. Have your own small, non-motorized craft? There is a designated kayak launch at the boat launch area. For day campers, there are numerous sites around this large state park for picnicking and events, bonfire pits and fishing inlets….and bring your frisbees because there is also an extensive frisbee golf course.

The campground consists of several "arms", roads that branch out from the main road, with a good deal of wooded area between for rear site privacy between them. Beware, the sites are close to these roads and quite shallow, but because each road dead ends in a cul de sac, traffic is very light, even when the campground is full, as when we visited. Tall, dense trees surround, deadening sound, which makes the campsites very quiet, and the curve of each "arm" also suggests a more intimate space than the actual site sq footage does. There is a tent only side, with no hookups or electric, where sites are slightly larger and deeper, tucked between treed areas, and the other half of the campground is with hookups, and nearer to the lake, although it is not visible, but accessible by short path. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table, pretty standard. There are openings into the wood behind the "arms" for kids to explore, but beware of poison oak, which is prevalent and can be found along the edge of where the campsites all meet the woods…it didn't creep into the woods much, but watch out anyway if you have an allergy. Our group was able to avoid it.

There is a clearing at the entrance to the campground with a large playground, camp store with pizza and ice, occasional vegetable dealers, farmers market style, set up with carts around outside there as well. And if you forgot anything, have no fear, town is only minutes away. Cabin rental is also available in this area. Pets are welcome leashed.

Overall, it's a spot worth spending some time at. Convenient family fun for all.

As a Dyrt Ranger, I have the opportunity to try out new and fun camp gear and in this case COFFEE! Which could not have been more well received for these quiet mornings by the lakeside. Admittedly, at first I had my reservations. I enjoy a good coffee and am a great lover of my french press. But also admittedly, I hate cleaning it out campside. Nature's Coffee Kettle allows me to forgo the part I hate and keep the pour over we all love. With a wide selection from Columbian, to darker or flavored roasts, and even hot cocoa and teas for those toasty nights, Nature's Coffee Kettle impressed me. It comes in it's own reusable kettle bag, although I felt that, when changing out the coffee packs (refill packs are sold) after the initial use, the coffee was not as potent as the first use…probably because once the water is poured through, the bag doesn't stick together as well, holding the coffee to steep as long. (Refer to video review) Regardless, I enjoyed the ease of use, quality of the coffee and pourability. I was able to make a kettle in the morning, screw the spout lid back on and take it with me to the lake later for refills. Later when we went across country for a trip, I was able to board the plane with it in my carry on, flat, hardly taking up any room, and so convenient for those hiking or packing trips. It was fantastic, and easy as pie…which goes great with coffee, coincidentally…