Yurts
No WiFi
Findley State Park is located in Ohio
18 Reviews of Findley State Park
A Little Disappointing...

There are places to hike, boats to rent, fishing, a store and of course swimming, but the lake was a mess and actually not able to be used (algae).

The site was nice and secluded, but you could hear road noise at all hours of the day, so it wasn't very quiet. It was my first time there, so maybe another spot would be netter, but I don't know if I'll go back.

Good

Fairly level gravel pads. Lots of spaces close but not on top of each other.

Ranger Review: A Peaceful Morning by the Lake with Nature's Coffee Kettle

If you're looking for a quiet place to hang your pole for a weekend, this near-city escape is for you! Less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, and minutes from historic downtowns Wellington and Oberlin, Ohio, is a quiet, wooded retreat with all the amenities.

Fishing, canoeing, and kayaking (rentals and bait available too!) are offered on Findley Lake, as well as a small, uncrowded public beach. Have your own small, non-motorized craft? There is a designated kayak launch at the boat launch area. For day campers, there are numerous sites around this large state park for picnicking and events, bonfire pits and fishing inlets….and bring your frisbees because there is also an extensive frisbee golf course.

The campground consists of several "arms", roads that branch out from the main road, with a good deal of wooded area between for rear site privacy between them. Beware, the sites are close to these roads and quite shallow, but because each road dead ends in a cul de sac, traffic is very light, even when the campground is full, as when we visited. Tall, dense trees surround, deadening sound, which makes the campsites very quiet, and the curve of each "arm" also suggests a more intimate space than the actual site sq footage does. There is a tent only side, with no hookups or electric, where sites are slightly larger and deeper, tucked between treed areas, and the other half of the campground is with hookups, and nearer to the lake, although it is not visible, but accessible by short path. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table, pretty standard. There are openings into the wood behind the "arms" for kids to explore, but beware of poison oak, which is prevalent and can be found along the edge of where the campsites all meet the woods…it didn't creep into the woods much, but watch out anyway if you have an allergy. Our group was able to avoid it.

There is a clearing at the entrance to the campground with a large playground, camp store with pizza and ice, occasional vegetable dealers, farmers market style, set up with carts around outside there as well. And if you forgot anything, have no fear, town is only minutes away. Cabin rental is also available in this area. Pets are welcome leashed.

Overall, it's a spot worth spending some time at. Convenient family fun for all.

As a Dyrt Ranger, I have the opportunity to try out new and fun camp gear and in this case COFFEE! Which could not have been more well received for these quiet mornings by the lakeside. Admittedly, at first I had my reservations. I enjoy a good coffee and am a great lover of my french press. But also admittedly, I hate cleaning it out campside. Nature's Coffee Kettle allows me to forgo the part I hate and keep the pour over we all love. With a wide selection from Columbian, to darker or flavored roasts, and even hot cocoa and teas for those toasty nights, Nature's Coffee Kettle impressed me. It comes in it's own reusable kettle bag, although I felt that, when changing out the coffee packs (refill packs are sold) after the initial use, the coffee was not as potent as the first use…probably because once the water is poured through, the bag doesn't stick together as well, holding the coffee to steep as long. (Refer to video review) Regardless, I enjoyed the ease of use, quality of the coffee and pourability. I was able to make a kettle in the morning, screw the spout lid back on and take it with me to the lake later for refills. Later when we went across country for a trip, I was able to board the plane with it in my carry on, flat, hardly taking up any room, and so convenient for those hiking or packing trips. It was fantastic, and easy as pie…which goes great with coffee, coincidentally…

good

easy to get to, close to amenities, fishing, swimming, trails, camping

Nice camping in the woods

Full hook side is more urban environment with sites right next to each other. The rustic side has no hook ups and is more engulfed in the trees but not many very secluded sites. Some have a separate area in the woods behind the site offering some more privacy. Shower houses are nice.

Clean, scenic and relaxing

Loved this campground, lots of trails to walk and mt. bike trails to ride. The beach is ok but you can rent various styles of watercraft to explore the lake. I would recommend doing a some research on campsites as they range from small to large for the same price. The original site I booked was a tent site to small for 2 tents ( one larger n one smaller) #131 non electric however I was able to switch to another sight #118 which was a larger. The campground office was super nice and friendly in switching the sites to accommodate me.( site 118 had water 2 sites down, an outhouse 5 sites down and nice clean rest rooms just a short walk away maybe 9 sites down, playground and camp store/ nature center isn’t to far away to walk but biking would be best, camp store is on the small side but had all the basic essentials and they had good wood bundles to choose from with a reasonable price, If they done have something a dollar general is 7 min down the road)

Nice State Park

Camp is never over crowded and well kept. the lake is nice and has lots of neat snails.

Nice nature, pretty clean,

Have came to this campground approx. 50 years. Lots of walking trails, lots of nature. Once off my favorite local ohio parks.

3 days of rest

great except weather, but the park is a favorite of mine. came lots of times when I was a child, brought my 2 boys every year when they were young, now enjoying same park in retirement. lots of walking trails, beach not so perfect, only 15 spots with full hook up, but is a great place to get back with nature. shut off the social media, and enjoy.

Nice, clean, family oriented campground

Findley State Park is well maintained and has a good mix of tent and trailer campers. The shower house was modern and very clean which is a blessing if you are a tent camper. The trails were not overgrown and I would give a difficulty level of 2. It was a very quiet campground that seemed very family oriented. Plenty of wildlife to run into whether it be deer or raccoons.