About Crystal Rock Campground
Crystal Rock Campground is located in Ohio
5 Reviews of Crystal Rock Campground
Quiet and cozy

Lots of bugs. Bring the spray. The people are very friendly. Has a lot of different options for camping

nice campground, buggy

good restrooms, pretty location. somewhat remote, but there are a lot of trucks that go by through. definitely bring bugspray!

Ranger Review: Howler Brothers Aransas Shirt in Voltage Print from Roanline at Crystal Rock Camground, OH

I’m sitting here waiting for a flight after about 9 weeks of living in hotels. Fugured it would be a good time to write this review I’ve been holding off on. Anyway, let’s get started.

Campground Review

My buddy Stone and I didn’t really have plans for Memorial Day Weekend like everyone else, so naturally we had to make some. We decided to stay a little closer and avoid flying because that gets expensive over holiday weekends… instead we opted to go camping at Crystal Rock Campground for its proximity to Cedar Point Amusement Park! Seriously only took us like 30 min to get from camp to park.

The campground was $30/night for a tent site with no electric hookups. I understand it was Memorial Day Weekend and just happened to be Ohio Bike Week (I think) but we were packed in like sardines! Their were tent sites right next to RV sites which From what I’ve seen isn’t usually the norm. There are about 120 or so sites in the lower section of the camp all sharing one bathroom. The men’s restroom had 5 or so showers, one urinal, and one toilet. A sign on the door indicates it’s closed from 12-1 (if I remember correctly) for cleaning. I don’t know about you, but I think that one urinal and one toilet is not enough to adequately service 120 campsites. Especially at capacity, which they were when I was there. Our site literally butted right next to three other sites and it just felt very cramped. We were also the furthest from the bathroom you could be, which was quite a hike to do dishes. For these reasons, I give it a 3 out of 5.

I do imagine it would get more stars had I chosen a less busy weekend. It did have a “game room” closer to the checkin as well as a playground. I didn’t use those, but they did look nice.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time. On this trip to the Crystal Rock, I tested out the Howler Brothers Aransas Shirt in Voltage Print that I got through Roanline. I give this shirt a 5/5. I’m actually wearing it right now. Here are some of my thoughts on this rad shirt:

1. It’s a rad shirt.
  2. It’s comfortable and fits very well.
  3. It looks phenomenal untucked, and I reckon it would look good tucked too.
  4. It’s got a nifty glasses holding pocket with a microfiber lining to avoid scratches and on the fly cleaning.
  5. Did I mention it’s rad?

So I got this shirt through Roanline and their packaging was super cool. I forgot to snag a pic of that but trust me. They even had a handwritten note in there that made it feel nice and personal.

Fun family camping

We went to crystal rock campground for the first time over memorial day weekend. We knew it would be busy but we didn't know it would be bike week, so not only was the campground fully booked but it was fully booked with loud Harley's!

That didn't spoil our time, we just bought earplugs 😂

The amenities were so nice as we are used to really roughing it while camping. We joked that we were glamping as we took showers everyday, ordered pizza one night and even did a load of laundry!!

The owners and employees were so amazingly sweet and helpful. Tom went out of his way to make extra fun activities for the little kiddos. Our daughter really loved the sandbox, and the playground was great! We even did a little gem mining! The display for the bag contents were really need too. Our daughter wanted to stay forever!

Perfect hideaway campground

Everyone in the office is so polite and courteous, the grounds, office, bathrooms, and showers are spotless, tons of amenities and close to the highway but far enough away for a little hideaway of awesomeness. One of our families favorite campgrounds.