Akron, OHIO

Most Recent Akron Camping Reviews
Great Place to Escape.

Never a bad time here.

Very interesting.

Beautiful scenery, very large park, fishing, boat rentals, man made beach, loooong floating boardwalk, lots of trails, unique sites and tons of history. It was very fun walking around while learning some of the very old and somewhat creepy history. The lodge/hotel is beautiful and very old. Very nice looking cabins arranged in a little community. The park is very well maintained, has a nice playground and cute camp store. A good amount of secluded and shaded sites. Really cool "hill" sites that you have to hike up or down 20-100 feet to your wooded site. Wifey says the bathrooms were below average, outdated and very buggy (most important for her).

Lovely and quiet

When the campgrounds in the National Park were filled and I needed a place to land for the night, I ended up at Heritage Farms in a sunny shelter with a beautiful landscape of growing Christmas trees and gorgeous sunset. The shelter was clean, had a picnic table, and trash can. Porta johns were available, though not very close. It was a bit more expensive than many campgrounds at $35 per night but I was so happy and comfortable there that I thought it was worth it.

Nice spot overall

The site sits up on a ridge overlooking the scenic railroad. Not extremely private. You can see a parking lot and hikers walking by at the bottom. Being higher up on the ridge helped make it feel a bit more secluded. There’s a big container fire chamber, bathrooms and water down at the bottom. Overall we really enjoyed, would be back.

Perfect Weekend Getaway

Camped a long weekend for the fall festival. Campground was nice, quiet and people were friendly. Spots are roomy, with nice yard/fire space. Not all spots are full hook up, but some are. Shower houses are nice and clean. Had a lot of activities for the kids. Over all it was nice place, I would camp here again.

Nice Family Owned Campground

Nice campground for family fun! Spent the weekend here with family and friends with little ones. They have nice spots lower down that are right by the river. They have a pool and playground. We like this spot since it is close to the Mohican river if you want to go tubing. Showers and bathroom were pretty decent.

Primitive Camping

I arrived here hoping a primitive site was still available and indeed two were! They allowed me to walk in and decide the site that I'd like. I was only there for the night, but enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendliness of the employees!

Primitive Camping

Needs Some work...

First, it is off-season so there are parts of the grounds I cannot make comment on like the pool, canoe, and kayak livery.

The sites of this place are spread out over a lot of acreages. We stayed at the bottom of the hill along the river. We have not had a lot of rain lately in Ohio so the river is low and not much to look at. Not the campgrounds fault at all!!

The spaces down by the river are large and relatively flat so easy to find a tent space. most have electric and water. Except what they call rustic at the very end of the road.

The only facilities are an outhouse. It was very very clean and did not smell inside or out! We did not go to the shower facilities which would have been at the top of the hill. There appears to be up near those facilities some permeant trailer campers. They do make you feel a little like an outsider as you drive in but once settled everything was great!

Camp store and check-in all take place in the same area. You can also buy wood bundles for $4.50 each or 3/12$. The store appears to be well equipped with everything from ice to s’mores fixings. Though again off-season means fewer things available.

We loved the space and the quiet of a night in the country. No light pollution so the stars were beautiful! After dark on disconcerting thing happened a huge crashing of a tree falling very close to where we were. In the dark, we could not tell or see how close it was. After an inspection in the morning, a very large tree had fallen across one of the primitive sites from outside of its boundaries.

After looking closely I would say some dead tree maintenance of the area at the bottom of the hill is way over due!! This could be hazardous to your health. We had no wind and no weather and yet the tree came down. Please be aware as you pick your site and your place to stake a tent.

Overall I would say as an offseason site it was a very adequate place to stay just be aware going in of some of the then-pit falls.

Ok, But nothing exciting

I have been coming here for a few years since I have family in the area, but this year there's a brand new pool (not open yet), and the price for just electric and water with no sewer is $145 more than last year for a two week stay!! Last year was $275 for two weeks and this year is $420!! Priced me out of here….. Oh, no wifi right now either.