The best TENT SITES camping near
Tecolote , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Tecolote Camping Reviews
One of my favorite spots in NM

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS :) beautiful scenery and very clean! i liked the set up of the camp ground, very spacious but still felt like a nice community. 10/10 must see.

Empty in winter!

I arrived after dark on December 28th, and at first missed the turn off for the camping, but using the map here on the Dyrt, could see where I went wrong.

Google gets you there, as soon as you cross the cattle stile into the park, take your first left which comes very quickly. Dispersed camping is on both sides of this road. If you go a little further, you’ll see the vault toilets on the right (I couldn’t find these until the morning).

It was completely deserted, except for one RV (I am sleeping in my car). In the morning I discovered a car which looks like someone may be living in the park, but saw no signs of anyone.

It is beautiful! I woke up to an inch of snow! One downside- it’s right next to a landfill. There was no smell, but I could hear all of the equipment in the morning.

Easy to find, clean, safe (I’m a solo woman). I’d stay here again!

Great Place

We are newbies to the RV Park world and I must say for our first official RV Park stay this place was amazing. Quiet with beautiful views. Public facilities are superb and super clean. Will save this place as my go to stay in Santa Fe.

Sweet Spot

This place is awesome, easy to get to and free. There is lots of room and we have a lot of privacy. Close to town and everything you need. There is also a place to shoot guns if you got em.

Submersed in the forest

Black Canyon is the type of campground I remember visiting as a child in the NW. Heavily wooded, sites tucked in. Not on top of each other directly, but close enough to have a group camp and be distanced. Vault toilets were clean. Some sites weren’t level, so if you’re in a RTT or RV, be sure to have plenty of leveling tools. Only stayed one night and didn’t get to hike or explore. If you aren’t used to elevation, the camp sits up 8400 feet, it’ll take a bit more time to do normal activities. This Florida gal had to learn to slow down. 😉

Perfect spot!

I was a little hesitant to reserve this place after I saw the last review. I’m so glad I did. Here are some of the amazing aspects of Santa Fe Skies.

1) Mountain View’s 2) Awesome sculpture art 3) Walking trains (w/ doggie bags) 4) Fenced dog park!! 5) All the needs - electric, water, wifi 6) CONTACTLESS CHECK-IN!! I paid online and checked in, online. (COVID friendly)

All around great spot.

Just land

Located more in the desert, but an extremely bumpy dirt road can take you further in to other camping areas. Just make sure you have 4-wheel drive. Simple, basic site. Old historical “El Camino de Real” trail runs through the east side of the campground.

Flat and Free!

Stayed here one night. Dispersed large dirt and rock camping area with scattered junipers and other brush. There were a few rock fire pits that others have made but no one there had a fire going at the time we stayed there. It was quiet and if you're lucky you can find a secluded spot among the trees and bushes. There are 2 unisex pit toilets in the area but there is no water or garbage so pack in and out!

Good cell reception with AT&T and Verizon.

Simple beauty

12 miles uphill drive into the Santa Fe National Forest, just past million dollar mansions in Santa Fe. Easy access, just drive up and park. Multiple tent camp sites with fire pit and picnic table.  Accessible to trails. Beautiful sunset views.