Albuquerque, NEW MEXICO

Camping New Mexico Albuquerque

Most Recent Albuquerque Camping Reviews
Expensive

Considered it for our upcoming trip, but $110/night?

Some Good campsites

We stayed here for one night and probably would’ve stayed longer had we gotten a campsite that had any shade. Unfortunately it was the last campsite left open. Other sites had some shade and covered structures which was very nice. The kids liked it was close to the stream. Bathrooms were clean and the camp host was very nice.

Peace full and quite.

US550 and Cabazon Rd. The first 4 miles off US550 is BIA land, you must keep going to get to BLM land. I saw about a half dozen locations to camp. Dirt road all the way and some rough spots along the way. I took a 34 ft 5th wheel in but if you dont feel confident with your ability you may pass. I went in about 9-10 miles off highway and camped about 2/10ths of a mile from a parking lot for a walking trail. Very peacefull and great night stars. There are a couple of hiking trails nearby and even a mountain bike trail. I had 3 to 4 bars of Verizon cell service.

Great forest nestled in the forest after you pass a church from the 1800’s

Great small campground hardly used & nestled well in the valley. Great hikes, rock climbing & tons of great trails. Drive the additional 5 miles to the top & visit that campground & enjoy all of the deer & other wildlife.

Simple but nice

The landscape around is pretty sparse. Our site was clean, easy and spacious. We were right up by the lake which seemed man made but was still peaceful. Great place for an overnight stay. First come first served

Convenient clean campground

Clean facility overall. Tent sites have their own loop with trees separating. Each spot has a gravel tent pad, picnic table and grill. Cost was $20 and included a shower token (5 min).

There were quite a few RVs and tent camping was about 50% full. Great spot while we were passing through.

Nothing to see here.

Well, if you tired and you need to stop for a night, this is the place . Cozy place, no trees, no shades. Clean places, plenty of spaces.

Not a campground, only a picnic/hiking site.

I took my family here as a get out of the city picnic adventure.  I was surprised on how big and sprawling the picnic site was. It had several picnic tables spread out along a meandering trail along the Las Huertas creek. It was peaceful and well shaded. The picnic tables are in good condition, and there are several pit toilet houses that are well maintained.

There is a loop trail around the picnic area that goes up the wooded hills and makes for a good little workout. Along the trail there are good views of the Sandia Mountains.

In conclusion it is a great place to spend a few hours having lunch and exploring. Great for kids, although the trails can be steep and rocky.

The road to get here ( 165) is challenging for sedans, as it is rocky and rutted and washed out in places. We have an offroad SUV but still it is slow going. If you are up for the adventure I recommend it!

Beautiful, secluded

Wonderful site. You are surrounded by old growth pine trees while camping in an old CCC base camp. Our site was right next to a small stream, which along with the wind in the trees made for a nice experience while falling asleep.

The tent hosts work hard to keep the site very clean and cared for.

We will be back.

Lovely spot

We only stayed one night but will be back! Very clean, friendly, quiet. Each site has full hook ups, covered picnic area. Very nice small lake for fishing I was able to go for a 2 mile run around the water!