Albuquerque, NEW MEXICO

Camping New Mexico Albuquerque

Most Recent Albuquerque Camping Reviews
Caring owner, clean location

We called ahead because we knew we were going to be pulling into the campground really late as our trip didn’t get started as soon as we wanted. Rick gladly accommodated us, giving us directions and site numbers we would use, then just pay in the morning. The campground is clean, quiet, and friendly! All sites are leveled pull thru’s and hookups are conveniently located. If we are going through the area, we will definitely be back!

Lot's of mobile homes

We stayed here for a month good rates level sites. Full hookups 50/30 amp. Wifi at the clubhouse and excellent cell service for Verizon and AT&T. Pool clubhouse with pool tables. Lots of community events.

Nice simple and clean.

Staying  at the Kirtland AFB fam-camp can be challenging. If you're active or retired military no problem if you're disabled vet some check in and out issues can arise. You must show up Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm to get access to the base. Show up after this and even if you've been there for 2 weeks you might get sent away till the base opens so you can speak with base command to tell the gate guards to let you in. Otherwise very nice park full hookups and only $25 a night but only 30day limit.

Quiet, beautiful lake front camping.

This is my favorite campground in the Santa Fe area. This Corps of Engineers managed lake has water and electric at most sites and 2 on site dump stations. Restrooms with showers are always clean and ready. The camp hosts are generally very helpful and kind. Did I mention the lake right outside your door, beautiful and great fishing. There is a small convince store and laundromat just about 1 mile outside the park.

Great for an overnight or two

Whenever the wife and I are passing through Albuquerque we always stay here. The park is close to I-40 east of ABQ. and right next door to Camping World. Sites are clean level and have full hookups. The laundry is dated at best but usable. Pool and trading post are cool and the collection of vintage cars and rv's behind the store is really neat to see. Very nice and accommodating staff. Verizon and AT&T both worked but my AT&T Hotspot was a bit slow without the boosters.

Pretty Laid Back

I wasn't planning on staying here but the Jemez Historic SIte was closed for the day, so I decided to camp out. The restrooms were clean.  Trash was easy to throw away, and I had an easy time backing into my space. I didn't do much there, other than what I just said. But I did spend time in the surrounding area. This is definitely the perfect place to go in the heat of summer, it is much cooler than other areas.

Fine place to stay

The front office was very helpful. Site 23 was a pull through and level. Water and electric both worked fine. We didn’t use the bathrooms because the front office lady said they aren’t that nice. Would stay here again but did think the price could have been a bit cheaper.

A very nice campground.

Managed by the Army Corps of Engineers on the Cochiti Pueblo this campground is well designed and managed. Bathrooms were cleaned by Adelante daily while I stayed there. The Rangers were very friendly, the campsites were paved, had covered pick nick tables, grills, and a heater in the bathroom (March) and showers were hot. Visitors center has lots of information, and there are hiking trails. Not close to any major shopping, but there is a small store nearby and a laundry mat next to the store. Overall, I was very impressed.

Well, I love Edgewood, but...

Staff was friendly and the actual park has potential. Sunrises were amazing. Problems, trash overflowing outside the BBQ area and the bathroom trash cans not emptied in the four days I stayed. Sad. Bathrooms were clean when I arrived, but had not been cleaned when I left and there was human hair everywhere, showers were dirty, and so was the floor. Affordable washers and dryers which were clean. Lots of permanent residents here and it was quiet with the exception of my neighbors who had a domestic issue one night. Would’ve stayed longer.

Perfect RV park for visitors to ABQ area.

So, I love the covered seating areas here, and the bathrooms were clean and warm! The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant. A short walk to the Rio Grande and beautiful views of the Sandia Mountains.