the dyrt
Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands, NEW MEXICO
Most Recent Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands Camping Reviews
Pretty Nice little spot

Found this Campground to be pretty nice overall! Mainly RV's and Campers, in fact I didn't see a single tent or tent site during our stay. The Lots are fairly close together and all have a little covered picnic table area next to the drive through RV slots. Bathrooms and showers worked just fine, though my girlfriend said the womens shower would turn itself off every 30 seconds or so (the mens worked just fine).

It's about 20 minutes north of albuquerque which is nice since you're far enough away to be out of the hustle and bustle but close enough to explore the city. We went for the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta and we could see the balloons from the campgrounds early in the morning.

There's also a Bad Ass Coffee down the street which is one of my favorites!

Nice for Rv and travel trailers

We arrived in the evening and only stayed one night. Whe facility was super clean. We walked to nearby restaurants. There was a hot tub open, but the pool was closed.

Clean and close to the mountains and Albuquerque

CAMPGROUND REVIEW: Turquoise Trail Campground, Cedar Crest, NM

Turquoise Trail Campground is a small privately owned campground located five miles north of I-40 off Route 14 (exit 175) just outside the east side of Albuquerque. Tucked along the base of the Sandia mountains, at 6940’ elevation. http://www.turquoisetrailcampground.com/

There is plenty of visible signage to guide you down Snowline Dr into the campground.

As you approach the office/museum on the right, the RV/Camper loop is visible on the left (which appeared full). Behind the office building are two tent loops (upper and lower). There are two very clean bathroom/showerhouses located between the office and tent loops. A laundry room and dishwashing sink is located at the back of the office building. *This is also the only water access for the tent loops.

RV sites have full hookups. Tent sites have only a leveled, gravel tent pad, picnic table and standing grill. Only stove fires were permitted at our visit due to open fire restrictions.

Tent sites are separated by scrub brush, which offered partial privacy between most sites, but you will hear your neighbors. The outer tent sites back up to a residential area, with a fence separating. Bring earplugs for undisturbed sleeping, as road noise from Route 14 can be heard, along with local dogs randomly in the distance.

At $20 a night, the campground is convenient and sufficiently met our needs as we traveled west on a tight itinerary.

Shower tokens are provided with your nightly fee. Each token gives you 7 minutes of shower time.

There is plenty to do nearby, with bike trails and hiking trails…though nothing of particular interest in the campground itself.

The bustling city of Albuquerque is the next exit west, so you are still very close to shopping, eateries, and nightlife.

Hub of Activity

This campsite was efficient, friendly, and had plenty of entertainment available. We walked to the brewery next door and made good use of the dog parks.

Nice big lot. All paved with gravel "yards"

Big lot, easy access. Good condition electric and sewer. Nice picnic tables and trees everywhere.

Nice campground to hike from

no RV sites but 10 great campsites. Vaulted toilets available.

Clean and very well maintained.

This evening campground was very clean and well maintained. They had a pool for guest along with a contentinal breakfast. However it was only beagles and cereal but it was included in the cost of camping.

very nice and the country outdoor experience is right there

it is very secluded from the outside interuptions

A Hidden Gem!

Well off the beaten path, but worth a few nights of peace and solitude. Went in July and the weather was cool in the 80's most of the time, cooling to the upper 40's at night. Isolated at the end of a road in the edge of the Monzano Mountains, it is fully treed with great shade. Good place for an RV or tent. Nice hiking (easy) trails. Flush toilets but no showers. Dump station. Very nice facility.

Deadman is closed

Deadman campground is closed

Much busier than I would have thought for how rough it was

Pretty open sites (less than a dozen) which are on some pretty rough desert/mountain terrain.

There are some nice shaded picnic shelters, but no water…there are vault toilets (a bit smelly and hot)

Cobola national forest has a ton of awesome trails and you're not too far from Albequerque

Ponderosa Pines!

Loved the smells of camping near the ponderosa pines. Clean facilities, not very crowded. Felt like we had the place to ourselves! Good hiking trails near the campsites!

Great Place for kids!

My children and I stayed 2 nights in a camping cabin at the Bernalillo KOA in May, 2017. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our booking process, even when we needed to make changes. The cabin was clean and neat, the KOA showerhouse was as well. They had a nice pool with plenty of shade and an outdoor movie in the evenings which my kids enjoyed. It was an excellent base for exploring the surrounding area, including the Jemez Mountains, many pueblos, Bandelier National Monument, Petroglyph National Monument and Kashe Katuwe National Monument.

A very handy place to stay

When campgrounds at higher elevations are closed, this is a really nice option. Staff are friendly, there is laundry and Wi-Fi on site, and the campground connects to a brewery a short walk away!

Oasis under the circumstances

We didn't plan to stay here but had some RV problems on the way down to Arizona. The hosts were very friendly and helpful and it was actually a super clean campsite and very well maintained. Little noisy because of the interstate but that would really be my only complaint.

cibola national forest

Although there was no camping at all in the park. There was beautiful scenic trails. Lots of rock climbing opportunities and spectacular views and photo oppurtunities. My family had a blast and spent the whole day hiking and discovering our newest adventure.

Neat

This is a very neat place and new mexico is just neat in general. Great service too.

New canyon

New canyon campground very rocky good for climbing.

Desert camping

This place offers a beauty of its own kind it is not like timber forest that I am used to camping in (I'm from the north west with huge trees) however there were beautiful sunsets every night, the low vegetation sort of takes away from privacy, but it seemed like it was not too busy when we went. Definitely offers a beauty in its own way, I will probably be back

Clean campground with access to great fall foliage

The Fourth of July Campground provides a starting point for hiking 4th of July Canyon, which is a must-do for anyone in NM in the fall.

The campground itself is pretty standard: gravel pad, fire ring and a picnic table. The sites are a little close together, so don't expect too much privacy. We found one that had a flat spot up the hill a bit so we almost felt like we were alone, but the neighbors barking dogs when I went to the bathroom in the AM brought me quickly back to reality.