Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands, NEW MEXICO

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands Camping Reviews
Be Warned

Spent 5 days at this RV park last fall. Parking area is all gravel. Got black ants in our 5th wheel. Did not discover them until we arrived at our next destination. Took several days to finally get rid of them. Will not return.

Inexpensive RV spots with electric

To be honest, this isn't my style of camping, but if you're in an RV and looking for a base from which to explore the greater Albuquerque and Santa Fe area, you could do worse. Just off I-25 and located on a corner of the San Felipe Pueblo, there's not much here but the casino, gas station, restaurant, and travel shop! For $20 you get 20, 30 or 50A electric hookups with water and a dump station available. Clean bathroom facilities, including spacious showers, are available in the travel shop/gas station. Check in at the casino and they'll send someone out to meet you and get you set up.

There are great places to explore in the vicinity, including Kasha Katuwe, Bandelier, and Pecos National Monuments to name just a few.

This was a true Gem! We stayed the evening here and we were greeted with friendly faces! The spaces were amazing level and wide Each site had a fire area and a covered picnic area nice concrete area at each site! Walking trails and beautiful lakes for fishing!

Magical Healing Place

I visited this magical place. It is absolutely beautiful. During the day the myriad of plants are enchanting. At night the stars and sounds otherworldly. And the healing energy of Michaela and Ernesto brought me back into light. Forever grateful.

Solid sites but nothing special

This was our first time camping in the Manzanos. The campsites are well made with a picnic table and fire ring. There isn’t a tent pad but all of the spots have a nice section of relatively flat ground. There are several vault toilets spread through the site. Cost is $7 per night. There is no water source at or near the campsites so make sure to bring enough for your stay. The campground is clean and well maintained. The sites are relatively close together but the campsite wasn’t crowded. The road in is a forest road. SUV’s will be fine but starting to push it for cars. You can walk from the sites to the Fourth of July trail

Nice for overnight

Nice place for an overnight stay. Owner is nice, laundry, showers & restrooms. Close to highway, which you hear, but nice stop for just an overnight. Takes Good Sam & Passport.

Beautiful view

its actually called Coronado, not Corondado. So don’t type that into your gps My boyfriend and I took a 13 state journey this summer over the course of 3 weeks and this was one of my favorite campsites we stayed at. 👍🏻🏕 If you stay there I highly recommend camping in site r7 or the sites that have the little huts. The view of the Sandia mountains was absolutely incredible. There’s also a tram that will take you up the Sandia mountains that’s the longest tram in North America, 2nd longest in the world. It was beautiful. You can hike up the trails to a cabin built in the 1930s that is simply worth the hike up in the thin mountain air. 10/10 would highly recommend this site!

1st time Rving

This was are 1st time trying out our 5th wheel. We live in Albuquerque and wanted to try something close to home. This was a nice park located next to a lake that can be fished with a license. RV park is part of Isleta Casino and free shuttle service is offered from your Rv to the Casino. We would definitely stay again, only draw back is it's close to the railroad station and the train blows its horn. Paid about $35 nightly for full hookups.

Run down RV park in the mountains

This place is run down and outdated but I enjoyed my stay. The park is up a little dirt road that takes you into the mountain. There is a small visitor center and pool that wasn't in working use when I was there. Coun laundry. Free hot showers. You will see lots of wildlife here, coyotes, mountain lions, etc. If you have little dogs with you, be careful and keep them close. During my stay a coyote got my neighbors small pug. Lots of full timers here also that didn't seem to keep their spaces very clean. Overall this place isnt the best, but it's a unique location for an RV park and super cheap.

Urban campground

We stayed here for our annual Cub Scout camp out. We tent camped around a group site. It’s next to the Coronado Monument and the Rio Grande with an awesome view of the Sandia mountains.