Equestrian
Hike In
No Market
Bottomless Lakes State Park is located in New Mexico
20 Reviews of Bottomless Lakes State Park
Beautiful Area, but no campfires!

We had Bottomless Lakes on our radar to stop for the night as we left Santa Fe to head to Carlsbad Caverns. Looked like a nice enough place, but no campfires were allowed due to a burn ban (didn't even look to be rings) so we opted to continue heading south to see what we could find. Turns out not a lot as we ended up at the Carlsbad KOA, but it was an hour closer to the park the following morning AND they allowed campfires!

Ok but

Nice small lake,but has a Big Racoom troubles.

So cool

Camp ground is nice. Not much shade but the lakes are really cool to explore. Very nice facilities.

Tuesday July 9th 2019

It was hot but not much humidity. Only flies were a nuisance, not many mosquitoes or anything. Campground hosts were a very friendly elderly couple. Price was $14 a night or $40 a week. Older, reasonably clean bathrooms with showers. Water and electric hookups. We could not use the charcoal grills on our visit due to a no burn advisory. Water was cool and amazing, great cliff side scenery, we even hiked. Clean beach to swim at as well.

Kind of boring but not busy

We decided to take our girls tent camping for the first time here. Had a nice spot (D4) and some shade. Was too hot to stay the whole night so we went home. Saw some cool animals and had a raccoon raid the garbage can. Definitely will camp again..during the week of winter in January or February…

Crowded and unkept

The sites are nicely spaced, close to the water, tables and shade. okay bathrooms and visitor center. It's a place that locals visit frequently. I went on a Saturday, both the campsites and lake were packed. There was litter EVERYWHERE. I usually bring a trash bag and pick up items along my hikes. Not something I could of done here. It's such a shame to see a beautiful park trashed. It made it really hard to enjoy the park. There was a hiking trail that went out the the other 'lakes'. Doesn't seem like anyone goes for the hikes, cause I didn't see anyone the whole time. The 'lakes' are just small murky ponds. Some have campsites next to them. Several folks have died jumping in the smaller lakes, so please refrain the urge! It's an okay place to stop if you are just passing thro and it's the only other thing available. I wouldn't recommend it as a weekend trip.

Loved it

It rained the whole 3 nights I was here in October, but that isn’t the campgrounds fault! It was beautiful and not terribly busy which I liked. I got the bejeezus scared out of me by what appeared to be maybe a bobcat walking back from the bathroom to my campsite—never saw it but it sounded like a crying baby?! Which, honestly, just made it all more awesome.

Very clean. Nice dessert atmosphere. Lots of water and places to adventure.

Summer is hot out here bring sunscreen. Watch for snakes as well but overall safe.

Fun group trip!

Super fun day trip with friends. You can rent paddle boards for cheap, and the water is surprisingly clear and blue. It’s a kind of oasis for people surrounded by dirt and cacti. Also have covered picnic tables to eat and outdoor shower heads to rinse of the salt water.

Great weekend getaway

Fun place to spend the weekend, we tent camped at D4 and it was quite and peaceful, great bike trail leading to the big lake too!