Camping in Taiban

5 Reviews of 2 Taiban, New Mexico Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Sweet little desert lake

Nice little desert lake with nice campground. Storms rolled in every afternoon. There was electric and water hookups. The lake was warm and clean. Be careful of rattlesnakes, scorpions and tarantulas. This area is also cougar County so don't let the little ones wander off outta sight. Rattlesnakes…

SitePecos 10
Briana S.
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2020

Great place!

This was a great place to go! Clean and had friendly staff! Will stop here when I come to the area!

Megan  E.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2019

Nice location...perfect for an overnight

There are two camping areas here, Mesquite Loop & Pecos. Mesquite appeared to be more popular with tent campers which is where we camped. The site had a covered picnic table, fire pit (but burning was prohibited during our visit) and ample space to set up a tent. Lake was within view of the…

• Mesquite Loop site
  • Lake view from campsite
  • Visitor center & restrooms not far from camp
SiteMesquite Loop 14
G
Reviewed May. 20, 2019

Nice view of the lake.

I stayed in a primative area near the lake shore. The campground, about 1/2 mile away had tables, toilets and water. Nice place but windy when I was there.

Crystal C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2018

Rocky Shorelines And Hard Packed Campsites

I stopped in this camp when taking a brief trip through Fort Sumner on the way back to Texas from Las Vegas. The town of Fort Sumner itself is known for its Billy The Kidd presence and there are many things to do in the area in regard to that which are interesting. But just as much as I wanted to…