The best GROUP camping near
Pajarito Mesa , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Pajarito Mesa Camping Reviews
Washboard and Guns!

This would be an awesome camping area if it were not for the non stop shooting. Great scenery but annoyingly loud. Shooting noise started at the crack of dawn until sunset and it sounded like it was coming from all directions along with the ricochets. Shooters have left tons of shells and all the garbage they shoot at which is unacceptable and sad.

There are free roaming cattle in the area that can get quite close at times. They were not the slightest phased by the shooting just yards from them.

The dirt road from highway 550 is all washboard for miles and miles. You go through Zia Reservation land to get to this area so pay attention to the signs. You'll pass a couple of bike trail parking areas for White Ridge Bike Trails along the way which you can stay at if there is space otherwise leave it for the bikers. There is a large dumpster near the bike area as well.

Google maps shows areas further up the road. The GPS location for this site is right off the main dirt road but further in there are some nice spots but not advisable for low clearance vehicles.

There is no water and cell reception is spotty. Decent=Verizon AT&T=poor

Great for kids

The staff here are awesome, very friendly & always available to help with anything you need. Easy pull through spots. The playground has the best swing set and is all sand, very fun for kids of all ages.

Great spot with a few oddities

This RV park is owned and operated by the Town of Bernalillo, a community about 15 miles north of Albuquerque(where we live) and is right next to Coronado State Monument, the ruins of an old Pueblo. It is right on the banks of the Rio Grande, but the river is not easily accessible from here. There are some sites that have great river views(A- D), but these sites are very small and have minimal hookups. Most of the sites here are gigantic, with lovely picnic areas. Not just a table, but a table under a fully stuccoed covering. We got a huge rainstorm the night we were there, and we sat in the shelter and watched Mother Nature's show and didn't get a drop on us. It was great. There are lots of mature trees in the area, so you'll get plenty of opportunity for shade as well.

We were in Site 4, one of 6 50amp pull through sites(although the camp host gets Site 1, so there are really only 5 such sites). Electric was easy to reach…water everywhere appears to be on the OTHER side of the site, so I was very glad to have my second hose on hand to reach it. There is no sewer on the sites themselves, but if you're staying there, the easily accessible dump station is included in the price.

The sites are blacktop and at first glance appear level, but when we actually put our levels down, we discovered there was a significant slope. Actually caused our passenger rear tires to be up in the air, which caused us to need to move around the site a little bit. Not a major deal, but I was frankly surprised.

The camp hosts were friendly enough, but they drive around in their golf carts quite frequently, and really seem interested in seeing what you're up to. I was grilling on my little propane grill, and they slowed down and really took a long look at what I was doing. Later, we were sitting outside(right before the rain) and again, a sloooow drive-by. Seemed a little much for a couple of 50-somethings. I'm glad they take safety seriously, but I didn't feel super welcome either.

But we'll go here again. It's right next to one of the best breweries in the area(Bosque Brewing) and I certainly like being able to walk to the spot. When the monument reopens, we'll be able to make a day of hiking, beer drinking and watching the scenery.

Beautiful park! Great staff!

Beautiful RV park! Bathrooms were very nice and CLEAN! There’s security at the entrance which is nice, and a small store for beer and fishing stuff. Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful.

Simple but nice

The landscape around is pretty sparse. Our site was clean, easy and spacious. We were right up by the lake which seemed man made but was still peaceful. Great place for an overnight stay. First come first served

Not a campground, only a picnic/hiking site.

I took my family here as a get out of the city picnic adventure.  I was surprised on how big and sprawling the picnic site was. It had several picnic tables spread out along a meandering trail along the Las Huertas creek. It was peaceful and well shaded. The picnic tables are in good condition, and there are several pit toilet houses that are well maintained.

There is a loop trail around the picnic area that goes up the wooded hills and makes for a good little workout. Along the trail there are good views of the Sandia Mountains.

In conclusion it is a great place to spend a few hours having lunch and exploring. Great for kids, although the trails can be steep and rocky.

The road to get here ( 165) is challenging for sedans, as it is rocky and rutted and washed out in places. We have an offroad SUV but still it is slow going. If you are up for the adventure I recommend it!

Lovely spot

We only stayed one night but will be back! Very clean, friendly, quiet. Each site has full hook ups, covered picnic area. Very nice small lake for fishing I was able to go for a 2 mile run around the water!

Just what we needed

This quaint campground is full of charm. We got in just before the Governor changed the rules so visitors must quarantine for 14 days so they were closing the campground to out of state campers. The sites are mostly level and each site has a covered picnic table and an artificial grass mat. The site we had, had a view of the Rio Grand (not so grand anymore) and is convenient to I 25 so getting around was easy. The bathrooms are clean but need some minor repairs, they also are not air conditioned so pick your shower/bathroom times carefully or it will feel like a sauna. I think we got a special rate because of the pandemic. Water is on one side of the pad, electricity on the other but it was not a problem when we positioned our camper. Overall a great experience

Perfect RV park for visitors to ABQ area.

So, I love the covered seating areas here, and the bathrooms were clean and warm! The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant. A short walk to the Rio Grande and beautiful views of the Sandia Mountains.

This was a true Gem! We stayed the evening here and we were greeted with friendly faces! The spaces were amazing level and wide Each site had a fire area and a covered picnic area nice concrete area at each site! Walking trails and beautiful lakes for fishing!