Camping in Whately

11 Reviews of 2 Whately, Montana Campgrounds

Shaina B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

It's just okay

I was expecting more when I saw this site online but honestly it was the total opposite. Beautiful none the less but I was expecting a bit more privacy and there absolutely is none. The site was full with what looked to be more rv sites than tent sites so we moved up the road (24) and found another…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great camping area, clean, quiet, friendly

Always friendly, helpful people, well kept and clean.  Biking, walking trails along river with fishing ponds. Nice park area for playing.  Sites are well spaced and decent size. Easy drive to boat and swimming access.

Clayton B.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2020

Large Open Sites

Fort Peck Downstream Campground is a real gem.  My son and I were there for four days, 8/29-9/1/2020.  My son is a quad and uses a power chair.

Benefits:  This campground is run by the Army Corps of Engineers, and it shows.  Well paved roads, wide spaces, lots of room between spaces, laid…

• My son on the way to one of the fishing ponds (there are three).
  • My son with the power houses behind him.  About a mile from our campsite.  Note the nice trail.
  • My son headed to our motorhome from the gate house
Jessica S.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2019

Great campground!

Great, well kept campground.  Great views, great walking paths.  Wildlife sightings were abundant!

Reliable hook ups, clean showers. Go back every year!

• Camp spot
  • Paths
Carter W.
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2019

private, beautiful overlook

located just a quarter of a mile from the scenic overlook is a road that looks step to the lakeside of the road. If you follow it around you will find many spots to camp. We chose a spot that was slightly muddy but just enough that it was soft to sleep on. We brought a canoe and carried it to the…

• our firepit in the morning for breakfast
  • canoed out at 4:30 in the morning to watch the sunrise
  • the view from our campsite
C
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2018

Peaceful

Camped in early September. Beautiful campground with large trees. Quiet and peaceful. Has power at most sites. Sites are large and level. Will have new restrooms open next year. Army Corps of Engineers so less than $20. Half price for seniors.

Month of VisitOctober
Hailey L.
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2018

Fun to explore!

Lots of fishing, swimming, and boating up Hell Creek!

Samantha L.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2018

Clean, quiet, shady, fun.

We love going to the Downstream campground at Fort Peck Dam.

There are tons of shade trees, many different types of camping spots, fishing ponds, walking/running trails all around the campground, and great shower facilities.

Cozette A.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2018

Great Lake side sites!

This campground has great lakeside sites and the people at the marina are very friendly!

J
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2016

Boat camping stop

Pretty much just boating and fishing to do here. It’s a great stop along our boat camping trip along the Missouri (also accessible by car). Pros: some sites reserved for walk-ups, some sites close to docks, clean, outhouses, swimming. Cons: open and no privacy.

Stephanie T.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2016

Good jumping off point for canoeing/kayaks

The campground itself is spacious and right on the creek. Flush toilets were appreciated. There is a boat launch as well, which weathered the rainstorm and was utilized by many other campers while we were there. Great spot for kayaking.

One issue: it is very hard to get in when it rains if you…