Custer Gallatin National Forest , MONTANA

Camping Montana Custer Gallatin National Forest

Most Recent Custer Gallatin National Forest Camping Reviews
An all time favorite!

I come to this campground every single year and have for the past 9 years in a row (14 trips total).  This campground has all the amenities you may need or want!  Tent camping, cabin, RV, etc.  And I have done them all there.  There is a laundry room, showers, outdoor activities like biking, ice cream, mini-golf, playground, etc.  I typically rent a cabin nowadays.  I have stayed in the one-bedroom, and the two-bedroom deluxe with kitchen and bathroom/shower.  Both are great!  I highly recommend coming to this campground and cannot wait until I am there again this year!

This campground is only 6 miles from the West Entrance.

Great for fishing

Great for Madison River fishing access. Not a whole lot of conveniences, but nice.

Nice little spot by the river

Great spot by the river. There are 2 larger sized spaces that fit a 20ft camper very easily and an additional 6 sites that look to be more for tents. There is also a small parking lot. No hook ups, no trash, but there is one vault toilet and Verizon has soild cell phone reception. The road could be a little rough in snow or ice. Highway 87 is a bit of a climb out of Idaho Falls towards Bozeman but it is through Targhee National Forest and it is beautiful. Not a lot of hiking trails but if you like fishing this is a great spot. There is also a small boat launch.

Beautiful campground

We stayed here for one night, near the end of Sept 2020. We got lucky as it was the last night it was open for the season. Absolutely beautiful place! We were a little skeptical as we were driving there as there wasn’t much for trees but as you get closer and more into the mountains, it really becomes beautiful. It was quite and dark - it was the last day for the season. Would stay here again.

Awesome... if you can find a spot.

Elk frequented the very quiet campground. It seemed to be right in the middle of everything.

Clean & Convenient!

Clean bathrooms, hot showers, laundry facilities and a dump station were all great during our fall stay.

The central location is a great jumping off point for the rest of the park, though your neighbors are a little close as you would expect in a NP campground.

Taylor fork

I didn't rent the cabin but I stayed on several of the free sites its my favorite place to camp

Friendly hosts

Good staff, clean bathrooms, beautiful campground

On the river.

I am very pleased to say that this campground staff is the nicest. Tree fell on my site and the staff were on the spot clearing it. Beautiful area. Lots to see

Beautiful area

I have not had the pleasure of renting the cabin, but I have seen it while riding in the area. It's a lookout cabin; so it stands high on stilts to watch for fires. I have ridden some of the trails and it's a beautiful place to ride deep in the forest surrounding the lake. The trails are clearly visable and very easy to ride. It was a beautiful place for a picnic.