About Itch - Kep - Pe City Park
No WiFi
Itch - Kep - Pe City Park is located in Montana
5 Reviews of Itch - Kep - Pe City Park
Donation based camping right on the Yellowstone River

Right next to Yellowstone River and in the town of Columbus is a free campground. There are a lot of sites that are well spread out. If the front is full, follow the road next to the golf course and there are more. We camped right next to the restrooms so it wasn’t the quiet spot. However it was the only one left with shade- it seems pretty full today. I agree with the other reviews. This is a nice spot but it’s not exactly what we’re looking for. There are a lot of dogs(some loose) and a lot of people. Traffic noise is higher and campers arrive late and leave early. It’s a great thing that this town offers. Mosquitoes are a bit of a nuisance. The river is beautiful and the river access is all around.

If the crowd thinned out our stay would have been better. We got one of the last few sites and others filled in later.

Near the entrance is a donation post so your contribution can help this continue.

Nice City Park along the Yellowstone River

We spent 9 days here (8/25-9/2) to work in nearby Billings (40 miles east) before heading to Washington State. The park was quiet and clean and we had no issues with neighbors at all. This is a city park that runs on donations. A nice guy from the local government stopped by once to give us a sheet with the rules and city ordinances.

Completely dry camping, although we were able to fill our tank at the spigot on the side of the restroom building. Grass or gravel sites with fire rings and picnic tables, with a mix of back in and pull-through spaces. A lot of space for big rigs and tenters alike. Firewood was available near the dumpsters in the middle of the park.

The nearest grocery store is a few miles away in town and the laundromat was small but clean. A farmer’s market was set up in the park by the railroad tracks on Thursdays (4:00-6:30) that had everything from fresh veggies and homemade goodies, as well as blankets and jewelry and a couple food trucks.

There is no dump station in the park, but there is one at the nearby Cenex station for a $5 charge during business hours. Otherwise the folks at Mountain View RV Park on the other side of the interstate will let you dump and fill water for $5.

Full Verizon signal allowed me to work from our rig for a couple days when I didn’t need to be in Billings.

itch- kep- pe campground right next to the city of Columbus it has a little river and the campground is free .

my visit was good , other campers were very loud at night.

Nice dry camping close to town

Donation based camping with good sized sites and no hookups. we have stayed here quite a bit and always enjoy it. it is a little crowded on the weekends but clears out during the week. it is right on the river and, depending on the water level you can put in or take out here. it is a blast rafting the river and camping out here.

Great area for dry camping

I stayed here for 10 days and it was nice. Quiet for the most part except on the weekend when the rafters and partiers are driving in and out of there. This is dry camping so no hookups but also no fee (they ask for donations). I wish the maximum allowed time was longer but I understand about them limiting the time so they don't get people setting up house there. I camped in the front area and didn't get as many bugs as I noticed in the back area but also got more traffic driving by on the weekend. They drive through pretty fast so be aware of vehicles on the roads.