The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sunburst , MONTANA

Camping Montana Sunburst Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Sunburst Camping Reviews
Good for a quick stop

Pros: large-ish sites, good utilities, great laundry and bathhouse. They take Passport America which knocks the fee down 50%. Cons: They have all of these huge pull thru sites but they still stuck us in one of the few cramped backup sites even though they are 80% empty and we're only here one night (no different pricing for different sites). I probably could have asked for a different site but I didn't know it'd be so short until got there. I got parked so it works for one night. It's kind of sad as this could be a really nice little campground but appears they've given up on it as the grounds are being over taken by thistle type plants and many of the trees they've planted appear to be dying. Bottom line, campground is good for an overnight stop which I'm sure much of their business is, but would be nice if they threw some weed-n-feed down to get the thistle growth under control.

A decent place to stop over on your trip to or return from Canada

My wife and I stopped at Lake Shel-Oole Campground on our trip to Canada this summer (July 3rd). The campground is a bit dilapidated, but had several spots available that were easy to pull into. Some sites were pull through and others were back in. Most sites have at least electric and some are water/electric. Some sites are also 50amp. There is also a dump on site.

All sites are $25/night. Payment is on an honor system and drop cash into an envelope in a box near the entrance. The park says that it is under surveillance, but we did not see cameras. We saw one Toole County Sheriff's Deputy drive through the park while we were there.

I think we counted a total of five other rigs staying the night with us. If you have kids there's a playground nearby and a baseball field. There are also several walking trails.

We would definitely stay here again if we take the same route to Canada. Very convenient and quiet!

Check out our review of this campground on our blog: https://lower48intow.com/lake-shel-oole-park-campground-an-overnight-stay-on-the-way-to-canada/

Knowledgeable owner saved my Bacon

The owners are wonderful people. He is a wealth of knowledge and willing to share.

Listen to him. He saved us from taking things to Canada that we shouldn't take but

were going to. The border patrol WILL search your motor home. They know all the

hiding places. We got searched for over an hour. Luckily, I listened and took his advice.

We will always stay at Lewis and Clark when in MT. We had a wonderful trip to Alaska

via Canada. It could have turned out much different had we not stopped in Shelby at

Lewis and Clark RV Park before crossing the border, and listened to this wonderful mans advice.

He saved me from fines and maybe jail. I am forever grateful.

Dirty and Pricey.

$25 for a tent site. Tents are thrown behind the main office directly in the beam of a security light that stays on all night. The picnic are covered in bird poop. They do have showers and they were clean and comfortable. Close to the highway so traffic noise slowed down around 10pm. Not our favorite stop but convenient when fling in or out of Glacier.

Last Campground before Canada

Sparse but easy access and easy parking. Full hookups, showers(wear flip flops), WiFi in building. Stopped before crossing into Canada on our way to Alaska. This is a barebones campground but not much in this area and we wanted to plug in before heading north. Lots of prairie dogs and bunnies to entertain our four legged camper.