Camping in Paul Place

137 Reviews of 65 Paul Place, Montana Campgrounds

John B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice convenient camp grounds

My 1st time here. Read the reviews and its pretty much what everyone says. FYI there are no showers or drinking water. The Boulder river is right on the edge so you can get water there or from a stream at the western end of the park. I was able to get 5g service here... Depends on where in the…

Abby M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Didn’t stay but looked nice!

I planned to stay here but upon arriving, I only had 1 bar of 4G via ATT so had to relocate so I could work. The sites were clean, along the river and had a table & fire ring. I arrived around 2pm on a Sunday and 4 spots were taken. I imagine this place gets very busy on the weekends. The major…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Nice quite place.

Clean and relaxing. Table and fire ring at each site. Nice creek and very little traffic noise.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Convenient from I90

We have stayed here a few times on a trip to or from the west coast. It is not far away from freeway I90.

It has never been crowded when we were there in spring or fall. Big campground, clean and tidy, in an open are with few trees. Shower building was OK. Park Visitor Center is nearby.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Level camp sites

This campground is adequate and has easy access from I90. It is located west of Butte, Montana. There are restrooms, showers and a laundry room. The restrooms could have been cleaner. However the camp sites are nearly level and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Mei San H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Couldn't make it to the camp

I have a Subaru and thought I'd try my hand at driving out to this camp spot. 17 miles from the camp you enter a dirt road. Most of the road isn't bad, but you definitely couldn't pass some spots without some clearance and AWD. 2.7 miles from the camp I spot another subie parked in a nice little…

• this is where I was stopped.
Jessa The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Lower Confederate Dispersed Camping

There’s a few different sites to choose from in the area. A lot of them are close to the pit toilet near the rock beach. Most have fire rings and picnic tables. No water. The best spot that we stayed at was on top of the cliff. It was gorgeous but super windy. 14 day stay limit. Pls make sure to…

Sitecliff with views
Jessa The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Confederate Dispersed Camping

Canyon Ferry has great dispersed camping all around it. The specific site we stayed at was right next to the beach. Great views and right down from a pit toilet.

Sitesite by beach in confederate camping area off of lower confederate road
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Nobody there

Beautiful huge rocks and unique camping spots!

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Right next to highway 15

Take exit 160 This spot is north of exit and you will go under the highway. Bridge is a bit scary, just go slow.

S
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

Cows!!

There were some of the cutest cows on the way in. It took me over half an hour to locate the owner and get a calf's head unstuck. The water was pretty and my dogs loved all the beach wood. My neighbors were friendly and didn't mind the dogs running around.

S
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

A little flat but pretty nonetheless

I took my dogs here midwinter. It was cold (obviously) but very pretty next to the water. The mountains reflected the sunlight perfectly and it all was surreal at times. Nice for a little getaway. Don't expect quiet, that river is raging!

Month of VisitNovember
Don R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Great stop.

On our way to Yellowstone and it was getting late in the day, seen signs for the Old Montana Prison and decided that would be a fun stop. Pulled in and note on office door said to find a site and could either pay in the drop box or in the morning. Sites were pretty level and we had a nice grass…