Camping in Opportunity

133 Reviews of 118 Opportunity, Montana Campgrounds

John B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice convenient camp grounds

My 1st time here. Read the reviews and its pretty much what everyone says. FYI there are no showers or drinking water. The Boulder river is right on the edge so you can get water there or from a stream at the western end of the park. I was able to get 5g service here... Depends on where in the…

Abby M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Didn’t stay but looked nice!

I planned to stay here but upon arriving, I only had 1 bar of 4G via ATT so had to relocate so I could work. The sites were clean, along the river and had a table & fire ring. I arrived around 2pm on a Sunday and 4 spots were taken. I imagine this place gets very busy on the weekends. The major…

Jeremiah H.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

So nice. Surprise snow!

What a wonderful place. So sleepy. Anaconda and the campground. We got a surprise snow on the 2nd night but stayed 8 days/nights.

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Nice quite place.

Clean and relaxing. Table and fire ring at each site. Nice creek and very little traffic noise.

k
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Secluded and beautiful

We’re at campsite #7 you can here the water running by the creek. Absolutely stunning forest! There’s an out house and running water Spicket. Nice spots to tent camp.

A
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great lakeside spot

Lovely spot, zero bugs, spaced apart from others, plentiful clean bathrooms, and a boat launch. I will say that the red-necked grebes had a loud raucous party all night and while it was certainly festive, kinda hard to sleep. Thinking it was a mating ritual.

• Audio purposes to hear the grebes
  • sunset
  • Misty morning
Sitec43
Gail E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Friendly place

Smooth check in with attention to detail about our site. They also gave us some great recommendations of local businesses and attractions. Nice trail walk to the creek.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Level camp sites

This campground is adequate and has easy access from I90. It is located west of Butte, Montana. There are restrooms, showers and a laundry room. The restrooms could have been cleaner. However the camp sites are nearly level and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Mei San H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Couldn't make it to the camp

I have a Subaru and thought I'd try my hand at driving out to this camp spot. 17 miles from the camp you enter a dirt road. Most of the road isn't bad, but you definitely couldn't pass some spots without some clearance and AWD. 2.7 miles from the camp I spot another subie parked in a nice little…

• this is where I was stopped.
nThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

6 spots right on the river

Great sites. Close together but clean and right on the river. A little short on the length but okay for our 29’

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Nobody there

Beautiful huge rocks and unique camping spots!

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Right next to highway 15

Take exit 160 This spot is north of exit and you will go under the highway. Bridge is a bit scary, just go slow.

Don R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Great stop.

On our way to Yellowstone and it was getting late in the day, seen signs for the Old Montana Prison and decided that would be a fun stop. Pulled in and note on office door said to find a site and could either pay in the drop box or in the morning. Sites were pretty level and we had a nice grass…

FreeganDave H.
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

On theBoulder river

Nice camp ground. It’s primitive , has a couple fire pits. Pack it in pack it out! Quit except the highway is just up and over the river. Free