Camping in Opportunity

63 Reviews of 24 Opportunity, Montana Campgrounds

John B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice convenient camp grounds

My 1st time here. Read the reviews and its pretty much what everyone says. FYI there are no showers or drinking water. The Boulder river is right on the edge so you can get water there or from a stream at the western end of the park. I was able to get 5g service here... Depends on where in the…

Jeremiah H.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

So nice. Surprise snow!

What a wonderful place. So sleepy. Anaconda and the campground. We got a surprise snow on the 2nd night but stayed 8 days/nights.

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Nice quite place.

Clean and relaxing. Table and fire ring at each site. Nice creek and very little traffic noise.

Camille L.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Peaceful, pretty

Was easy to get to. Showed up at 5 and only one other car was there. Set up hammock camp and only saw 3 more car the whole time, none pulled in. Was secluded but would still hear some hum from the hwy. Nice mature trees, large boulders I used for a table.Only a bathroom for amenities. There were…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Level camp sites

This campground is adequate and has easy access from I90. It is located west of Butte, Montana. There are restrooms, showers and a laundry room. The restrooms could have been cleaner. However the camp sites are nearly level and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Mei San H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Couldn't make it to the camp

I have a Subaru and thought I'd try my hand at driving out to this camp spot. 17 miles from the camp you enter a dirt road. Most of the road isn't bad, but you definitely couldn't pass some spots without some clearance and AWD. 2.7 miles from the camp I spot another subie parked in a nice little…

• this is where I was stopped.
nThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

6 spots right on the river

Great sites. Close together but clean and right on the river. A little short on the length but okay for our 29’

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Right next to highway 15

Take exit 160 This spot is north of exit and you will go under the highway. Bridge is a bit scary, just go slow.

FreeganDave H.
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

On theBoulder river

Nice camp ground. It’s primitive , has a couple fire pits. Pack it in pack it out! Quit except the highway is just up and over the river. Free

Riley N.
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2020

Stopped here on the way to Glacier

This was one of my favorite places I’ve camped. It was very private and as two 20 year old girls sleeping in a car we felt very safe. We just happened upon the site very late at night and decided to stay the night. It was a great spot.

Judy T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2020

A waterfall for a neighbor

Lost Creek State Park has a beautiful canyon setting and a pretty waterfall just a very short hike from your campsite. We stayed in site #14 where was the closest site. We could hear the waterfall from there. Our stay was on September 9, 2019. We paid $28 as a non-resident. Potable water was from a…

Quinn Z.
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2020

Lake-side hike-in dispersed camping with amazing hiking nearby.

Full disclosure: I didn't camp here as I passed through this area en route to another dispersed campsite a bit deeper in. That said, we stopped here for a snack / water break and to filter some water so I had some time to explore.

The area is BEAUTIFUL. The lake is stunning, and sits nestled…

• The top of the pass looking down at Upper Seymour Lake. The green pathway going off to the top left is actually the way in and out.
  • The view coming into Seymour from the main trail. The pass in front is what you have to cross if you want to get deeper into the back-country.
  • A bit more of the area around Upper Seymour Lake.
Month of VisitOctober
Quinn Z.
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2020

Very secluded hike-in only BEAUTIFUL dispersed camping.

Oh man, what an epic camping spot. Getting here is a doozy, but it is so worth it.

In early September, myself, my brother, and our two cousins decided it was time for a long-overdue reunion, and getting lost in the back-country was going to be the stage for it. We struck out from Bozeman, drove as…

• The blizzard cometh.
  • The trick to surviving a back-country blizzard? More than enough firewood.
  • The start of the snow. Apologies for the f-bomb, wasn't thinking this would be posted on Dyrt.
Month of VisitOctober
K
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2020

Not a campground

This is a picnic/ hiking area, not a campground.