Camping in Yscloskey

135 Reviews of 14 Yscloskey, Louisiana Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Close to the city

Didn’t really enjoy the campground, didn’t feel like a very safe area and it was not that nice. But great location as far as close to NOLA!

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Very close to New Orleans, are not so good

If you're just stopping by for a night in New Orleans this is the camp ground to go with! Very affordable, paid $30 for full hookup, compared to other RV sites near the city were about triple the price. You can Uber into the french quarter for about $12 and takes 15 minutes. However it's not a very…

Sitefull hook up RV
JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Great state park

I love how they have their sites arranged so it didn't feel like you were right on top of each other.

All the facilities were clean and the showers actually have hot and cold knobs and didn't shut off every 30 seconds (big plus on this trip)

I did have a Crawfish walk through the campsite.

JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Great state park

I did have a Crawfish walk through the campsite.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Hidden gem in New Orleans

Stayed here one night and was overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff and other campers. The campground was well kept and offered several amenities. The reason I gave it 4 stars is simply because the bathrooms were a bit unkept. It was busy each time I went so it may have just been challenging…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Lots of gnats!!

The campground was nice. Plenty to do to keep us busy. Between the nature walk, fishing and time on the beach our days were packed. I do not recommend the “premium” tent sites. They are nothing more than a stop of grass next to a parking lot backed up to trees. The gnats were terrible, made worse…

Alanna R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Great little place!

I’ve stayed here a few times with a friend that has a membership. Once in my camper once in the cabins. Both times were great. Cabins are more private along the pond. The camper spot I had was typical. Staff was very nice, great campground area to walk and enjoy. Community area was very clean and…

Sitecabins
Fabe D.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Coastal Breeze

Got a nice shady spot towards the back of the campground. Good ranger presence, regularly patrol. Hiking trail is only about a mile but leads to a nice marshy overlook. Clean bathrooms.

Jason R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

No need to go anywhere else

We enjoyed this camp because there was something for the whole family.  Pools, waterslides, beach, fishing... It was a really fun place to go.  There were plenty of shaded campsites.  There are usually a lot of kids going back and forth to all of the activities, especially in the summer.

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Very RV orientated for a state park

Very well done and very RV orientated, Nicely spaced level sites. Decent dell service on both ATT & Verizon. Quite a hike to the beach thru mosquito infested under brush. The wholeark islevel making for easy bike riding.

• Site #9
  • View from shower house
Beverley  D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Nice Campground but not fully accessible

The staff is friendly they work hard to keep everyone informed about activities at the clubhouse. Answering lot of questions from me and other guests. Facilities are nice full hook ups at every site. I could only give them 4 of 5 stars because of challenges using my electric mobility…

• hard to tell the difference between the roadway and the actual sites especially in this circle of sites
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Only minutes from Bourbon

So glad I decided to stay here. This is a great park tucked away from everything yet only 15 minutes to bourbon street and 10 minutes to Frenchmen. Great place to stay on the water.

R
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Attack of the termites

We showed up to a swampy site (it’s a bayou after all) full of mosquitos. As soon as the sun went down, the termites flooded every light source. By the next day things seemed to drY up a bit and we were able to enjoy the wildlife and some great fishing. Our site was large with H2O and electricity.…

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Swampy campground

Not sure if theyjust had rain ornot but water is standing every where. Did not have reservations and was assigned site 12. Wouldn't have been my choice, but there wasn't that much to choose from.Park was actually pretty decent, just didn'tlive upto the hype I have read. 30 & 50 amp & water…

• Fish market
  • View from our coach
  • Love the tree roots
Brandon R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Small Sites but Good Fishing

The park has a few primitive spots, but everything is small and close. Hiking trail is maybe a half mile, but that’s about it. There is a beautiful boardwalk on the Tchefuncte River, though, with great fishing.

• ignore the tent - bad thunderstorm broke the poles the night before
  • The Tchefuncte River
  • cypress knee at the boat landing