Camping in Wakefield

39 Reviews of 7 Wakefield, Louisiana Campgrounds

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family fun

This Campground has a beautiful lake with lots of areas to cookout. It also has a game room. Great for families.

SiteI do not remember
T R.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great spot

Nice spot, area for dogs, cute gift shop and very nice staff.

SiteH21
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

My favorite camping site

It's daddy's favorite site so much that the kids are getting tired of going even though they do have fun.

It is 1st come 1st serve except for the group as site.

Unless your showing up late Friday or Saturday usually spots are available. Last two times I've been the whole park is full even the…

• nice paddling on the spring fed lake, but watch for stumps
  • this is site 9 on the lower loop
Kim T.
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2021

Great get away....but beware of detour to entrance

My husband and I spent Easter weekend here from Thursday, April 2 to Tuesday, April 6th. It was a beautiful and quiet campground.

There are two camper camping areas - A and B - and a primitive area as wells as cabins. We were in B area which seems more kept than than the A area. In the B area,…

J
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Overall okay for the area

Considering their are no other parks in the area or even very close to the area I would say it's an okay park . I think it's way over priced and the hours/ days it's open for anything other than rv's/ camper trailers is very limited. But it is very clean and the staff was friendly

J
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Overall okay for the area

Walt W.
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

Beautiful setting all concrete

Really nice park very well maintained. Exceptionally maintained. All concrete sites and a beautiful lake. Covered play area for kids and a nice dog walk area.

Jason R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

Relax and fish

Great Lake for kayaking. Nice big fishing pier. Great fishing for big bass and catfish along the levy.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Everything you need - affordable

We car camp and this was a great boondocking spot for us. Flush toilets, hot showers, and $1 (coin) laundry machines were clutch. Facilities were very clean. The water and electricity at the campsite were also helpful. Lots of RVs here, so this location is suitable for whatever kind of camping…

• Car camping in spot 36, see the lake in the back
Kera P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Primitive site, no one around

We slept great here in our tent. Some things to consider: lots of trash left around the area, there was a fire still burning unattended when we arrived, car/truck/tractor/boat traffic is noisy at all hours of the day and night, no water for drinking unless you can dip and filter from the creek…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

So peaceful

Don’t let the condition of the road or the buildings scare you away from this state park. These people have had to clean up after 2 hurricanes this year. All sites in campground B are level concrete, water and electric. State park grills, picnic tables and sunken fire pits all for just 20.00 per…

Kase D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2020

Best camp in Louisiana

One of the most beautiful camp sites in LA. The geography here is not like anywhere else I have seen in Louisiana very nice and the owner is super accommodating.

Ron
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2020

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Joshua H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2020

Nice place to stay

So far we have enjoyed our stay been here a couple of weeks pool is nice people are friendly

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2020

Campground Located on False River

Very basic campground with full hookups Located on False River with boat launch, restaurant and bar.