Camping in Sherburne

84 Reviews of 12 Sherburne, Louisiana Campgrounds

Kim O.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Online check-in very helpful

I book this on my way through to San Diego. It was effortless and I was able to check in with no one in the office because they have an online check-in feature. It is a very quiet, maintained, area. Close to Walmart and some fast food restaurants. There's little shade. But lots of room. Every spot…

Month of VisitOctober
Kyle B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Not comfortable

I stayed 3 nights it was wet everywhere a and lots of bugs. Only 1 restroom they where locked.coukdnt find a guide.

Site 24
Tyler H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Nice place

Went on a short hunting trip in November. Was quiet except for the rifle range but knew that coming in. Had a few visitors (racoons, possums and armadillos) but they didn’t bother me. Enjoyed the trip

Sitecampground near rifle range
Month of VisitDecember
Cat R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

FAMILY FRIENDLY

Great little campground right off the interstate. 2 swimming pools, a playground, game room, store, bath house, cabins, and laundry facility. A little dated, but for 45 dollars a night it was worth it. It was only 4 minutes from the ball park that we were here for. Our site # 117 was directly on…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

👪 vacation!!

Enjoyed hiking the trails, being able to ride my bike from the front it's the back of the cabin sites.

Sitecabin
Month of VisitNovember
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Another swampy Louisiana SP

Almost feel sorry for the park system. All this rain & nowhere for it to go.

All in all it is a pretty nice park with level asphalt pads. Some full hook up, some w&e only. Didn't get to see most of the park as it was closed due to flooding. No cell service at all. Did not try the bath…

Brandon R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Beautiful, but go in the fall

The park is beautiful: trees, swamp, lakes, and bayous. Some sites (28-33 at least) have small piers on the canal for fishing or taking out the kayak. There are multiple boat launches, one in and several near the campgrounds. You can also rent canoes.

Claire M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Our favorite

We will be back! Love the friendly family party vibe this campground d has! Beautiful amenities. We were there outside of pool season but there were bands and activities every weekend! Can’t wait to return.

• Play button icon
Month of VisitFebruary
Michael T.
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Close to LSU

I would suggest BREC Farr Equestrian RV Park if you are interested in being close Baton Rouge or LSU. A typical fairgrounds type camping area. Sites have electric and water. Remote dump site available. Bike path trailhead is there, with extensive pathways on the levee.

Month of VisitApril
R
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Great Place.

It been a while since I spend time here in the summer. This is a great place to get away and spend time with family and friends. There is different enough to do to keep everyone entertained. I will come back here again. Try it, I dare you! You will have fun.

SiteN/A
Rebecca Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Beautiful and clean

Very clean and well maintained park. Very friendly park employees.

Adam R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2021

Nice park

The only park on caney lake. Good lake for fishing and water sports, many sites you can park your boat very close.

Rocco The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Boardwalk and trails

We were here in February and it was lovely. Hardly anyone here. And the board walk and trails made for a really nice afternoon walk. There is a jungle-like feeling on the boardwalk and beautiful trees! Would make a nice overnight stop, as you are just a moment away from restaurants.

• Play button icon
Tamara-Nichole N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2021

Fabulous!!

Its a diamond in the rough!!

Txmohawk
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Peaceful & Clean

Let’s start that COVID sucks, a lot is closed due to the CVD but it’s also a holiday week I will add as we celebrate the New Year. During the week it is quiet, and pretty empty. Pet friendly, decent space between spots, all 30/50A cable sewer water hookups.