Raceland, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Raceland Camping Reviews
Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Clean and easy

Very nice park. Well manicured and right across from the beach.

Friendly People and Great Location

We really have enjoyed our stay here. My husband has fished in the back pond nearly every day and has always been successful. There's a library literally across the street from the campground and a Dollar General a quarter mile down the road. There's several activities, a hot tub and indoor swimming pool. The laundry facilities are reasonably priced and actually work, unlike some campgrounds we've been to. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area, as well, and directed us to Wilson's Kountry Korner, the best little cajun kitchen we've eaten at.

Better than I Expected!

Nice park! Who would have thunk it, in the middle of New Orleans. A convenient walk to the French Quarter. Very safe and secure. A nice little green park next door for the doggies. Very clean with curbside trash pick-up. A pool and a hot tub (though we weren't there at a warm enough time to use them). Great stay! Oh, our GPS took us on a round about so ask them how best to get there when you book.  I-10 is across the street and a bit loud during the daytime, but less so at night.

Lake Side Large park

This is a busy weekend park within 2 miles of Morgan City, LA. It sits on the edge of a large freshwater lake and has great views. Many sites appear to be Big Rig Friendly. There are various sections of park to choose from. Easy access to park and paved roads inside park. Includes bathhouses, office area, beach and nice boat ramp with dock space. Not sure of a charge for ramp or docks. The East side of the park is wide open and very easy to access with today’s mega rigs and 5th wheels. A large dog park is walking distance and right along the lakeshore.

Best of the west bank

The park is really nice, excellent sites and great amenities there’s a lot of room for bike riding. Great boat launch some of the best fishing you’ll ever find and if you go out on the boat make sure you bring some marshmallows to feed the gators. The wave pool in the summer is usually overcrowded other than that it a nice park.

Convenient location and basic amenities

About 30 back in gravel slots, the neighborhood is not very scenic but it’s a good location right off I-10 and 15 minutes to the French Quarter. I’m a single female traveler and I did not feel unsafe. It has showers, laundry (though a few machines don’t work), a coded gate that closes at 8pm, and a nifty human size chess set. The prices seem to change by season and during events so call in. It is by a train depot, so there is considerable noise. There’s a snow ball stand going south on Chef Hwy on the right that is worth the excursion though I promise 😂

Great campground

Convenient to Morgan City, pull through & back in., sunny & shady, great museum featuring aviation, shrimping industry, and Louisiana sawmill industry, Wifi, sewage hookup, water hookup, available for short or long stay. Neatly kept by Parrish. Ball fields, horse shoes.

Cheap safe minimalist paradise

It’s a city not a national park though one could make argument big cities are like zoos. Anyway super cheap under $20 full hookup. Sherltered behind gas station next to a free way so there is noise but not inside cab. Laundry room was clean and operating as was showers. Owner was nice enough to walk us out. No frills off street Orleans on a budget look no further

Beautiful State Park Close to Main Cities

Tickfaw is a great location. Campsites were spacious and quite. There's fishing and plenty of walking trails. Highly suggested for those that prefer the state park wildlife camping.