North Hodge , LOUISIANA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent North Hodge Camping Reviews
Amazing

We love coming here with the kids just for a weekend get away

Has everything I need including privacy

I was looking for a Louisiana location for an extended stay, I wanted to find a riverside, quiet location with large sites. A place where there was room for my travel trailer, boat, and truck. I found that and much more at Jones' Riverside Marina & RV Park.

It is in the country but not that far from the charming city of Natchitoches. The staff members are always friendly and helpful. There is a well-stocked store along with a carry-out restaurant (sit down part is closed due to covid-19). They have a free boat ramp and docks (very handy for me). The fishing is always good from the bank or a boat. My travel trailer is small but this facility is big rig friendly. I like the laid-back atmosphere and southern hospitality that is present here. This is not a huge, fancy, "resort", but those are not for me. I don't care for the crowds, noise, price, and many restrictions of those places. This RV Park emulates the real Louisiana!

awesome park

Really nice like a resort. Tennis courts, swimming pool (closed for winter), horse shoe pit, laundry mat, disc golf, and awesome clean bathrooms. Very nice sites and BEAUTIFUL cabins. Great piers on a very nice lake with big, beautiful cypress trees. Just a beautiful, hilly campground on a gorgeous lake.. Lots of trails. They have been doing some improvements such as cutting trees while we were there but an awesome park!

A rare find!

Small park, lots of trees and walking/mtn bike trails. Beautiful lake, ducks, fishing piers, swimming beach, playground. Campground is right on the lake. No bad Rv spots! Spots have concrete pads. Full hookup. They take reservations, but not for a particular spot. A really wonderful place to get away! Staff very friendly.

Beautiful Vineyard and Winery a few miles off interstate.

On our trip across the country, we discovered Landry Vineyards through Harvest Hosts. But it does appear, according to Jeff & Libby Landry, this large winery and event venue allows others to camp their RV / Trailer overnight.

We arrived during a winter storm with heavy rainfall. Usually, they have you park in a field next to the vineyards, which has awesome views. But due to rain, the mud was so bad there was a chance of us getting stuck, so they had us park for the night on a concrete parking area next to the tasting room.

This is dry camping. So there is no water, electric or sewage available. There are restrooms you can use while the winery is open 11am - 5:30pm Monday through Saturday. But they do allow campers overnight on Sundays, too, even if the winery is closed.

I would suggest hitting it when it's open. They have 24 different wines ranging from dry to sweet, reds, ports, whites, fizzies and some hybrids made with blueberries and blackberries. Tasting is free with the purchase of one bottle of wine per person. The petite syrah, red zin and chocolate raspberry port are worth the trip on their own. Rare to have such good wines coming from a small southern winery.

The setting is peaceful, quiet and safe. The owners even turned on the lights and allowed us to use the covered outdoor patio next to the tasting room since the weather was so bad.  They can accommodate any size rig and have 6 spots available. Call at least 1 day in advance. And, since it's free…be sure to thank them by making a purchase in the tasting room.

The drive from the highway is only about 6 miles, but the roads in are tight and windy with 30mph curves, narrow and bumpy roads. Not too bad, but be slow and careful through here.

Simple, clean

Very simple overnight quick pull in, pull out. Close to the interstate. Clean bathrooms. Excellent space in the two bathroom/shower combos. Very clean floors and laundry area.

It’s a good one

For quick free road side camping this is the spot! Easy parking, Zero cops, had a campfire, cooked food, slept in my hammock right between the wildlife sign. No complaints would stay again!

Very nice campground

Spaces are large and well spaced for privacy. Beautiful lake views. The only negative is the rediculous fire pits. Obviously designed by someone who never experienced camping or a campfire. The pits are 2 feet tall, solid steel with NO air holes. Fires never burn and even if they did you wouldn't see the fire anyway. We bring our own pit. Bathrooms and showers are clean and we'll maintained. The host is friendly and helpful.

Nice find in NW La

Really nice primitive spots with fire pits as well as RV spots. Clean restrooms and showers.
11 mile trail system for hiking/mt bike. Exceptional mt bike course. Big lake with beach(seasonal). Big Playground for young kids.

Easy Access

Was stopped for the night in Monroe. Called and made a quick reservation with a very nice lady. Park is clean, quiet and very easy to get in and out of. Used the laundry and all was clean and operational. Pretty campground.