Moss Bluff, LOUISIANA

Camping Louisiana Moss Bluff

Most Recent Moss Bluff Camping Reviews
PRETTY, BUT NOISY

Don't get me wrong, I am not antisocial, but when I go camping I really want the natural quiet of nature. It was pretty busy, with many people gathered and partying. Kids driving crazy on golf carts. Otherwise, the property is pretty. The sites are easily accessible (our camper is approximately 30 ft). The showers were not available d/t covid 19, but were there. Our site 12 was level and had full hookups. Pet friendly. Large trees. Store on site and snack shop near the beach. Very kid friendly.

Quiet and Friendly

This is a new RV campground on Holly Beach. Level campsites, on thick concrete. Sites one through eight have beautiful metal roof pergolas, with lighting and a large square picnic table with 4 benches. Also has a good sized grill and electric hookups. We were in site 8 at the end with beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico and marshland! Our site was large enough to have a full size F250 and our 32 foot camper! If we had a boat or golf cart, there was room for that as well. Full hookups with new connections. They only make reservations 2 weeks ahead and sites are first come first serve. Check in is at noon, but if there's a site available before then, you are welcome to it. The owner was helpful and super sweet! The gulf Beach is easily accessible by a 5 minute or less walk, or by golf cart or vehicle. We will definitely return! Open year round.

Dirty Campground

I'm not one to give bad reviews frequently. And hopefully things have changed. But, back in 2016, this was one of the worst and dirtiest campgrounds we have ever stayed at. It wasn't dirt like normal outdoor activity dirt. It was dirt like the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in a year.

Perfect weekend getaway

Don’t know why I’ve never heard of this place before but it’s amazing. Rustic mom and pop place tucked away in a country setting right on the water. We had a waterfront view and hated to leave to head home. Staff is so nice and accommodating!!! Will be back!!!

Great place if you're a heavy sleeper

The campground is located on the intracoastal waterway, just under a bridge. The sign says $4 for tents but the caretaker said it's $6 (still a bargain). He let us pay $4. Several of the sites had sheltered tables which was perfect for us since rain was in the forecast. The only problem was we were right on the water and near the bridge and my husband didn't sleep well with the traffic and boat noise. (I had a great night's sleep.) If you are a light sleeper I'd suggest a campsite away from both the water and the bridge. The showers were hot.

Nice spots and river walk

$20 for site with hookups plus $3/person/night. The sites are level with adequate spacing. Showers are clean and hot but pressure is lacking. They are the push kind so you must continually press to keep the water running. The river walk from the campground is really nice. Office is helpful and kind.

Nice Park

This is my return visit to this park I truly love coming here.

Great RV park and a Great Beach

This review is about the Holly Beach RV park that you pay to stay at. There is free camping on the beach. but we stayed at the Holly Beach RV Park located on Mallard street

We stayed 3 nights at the Holly Beach RV Resort and we were the only one here. The park is a large concrete slab in the middle of the Holly Beach community. It has 6-8 back-in, full hook-up sites that can fit any big rig. The beach on the Gulf of Mexico is a very short walk away. Our stay was very quiet and enjoyable. There is free camping on the beach should you want to boondock on the beach. We saw very few locals due to the time of year. All of our hooks-up worked perfectly. The sites are all 50 amp so bring a 30 to 50 amp adapter. I recommend this RV park highly and would stay here again. There is no shower or bath house or laundry. Overall we really loved this place.

Great spot

Clean well kept. Extremely friendly staff beautiful location

Clean

The State Park was clean grass was cut , workers always walking around picking up trash.