Lacassine , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Lacassine Camping Reviews
Clean and easy access

We only spent 1 night here but it was a great stopover. Easy access off I-10, level sites, nice staff. We'd stay again if passing through. Only thing we noticed that needs work is the small playground. I thought our kids would tip the whole thing over while swinging!

Fun

Love

Amazing Hospitality

Fantastic lake front sites, just off of 1-10.

Close to I-10..

This campground is top notch. Beautiful, new, level concrete pads to park on with adjoining concrete patios. The patio has a lovely swing for two. We also had two tables and a big, nice grill and a nice fire pit! The office has LOTS of supplies..anything you could need including fishing poles for the small lake!

We’ll Definitely be back

Is one of the best campgrounds we’ve stayed. Don’t get me wrong bathrooms need a little love but everything else is great. We stayed there for two months Paid 650 per month. Electric, water, sewer, WiFi The first month was kinda rough bc of stupid COVID nothing was open. But the second month changed everything. We had great time. Love the laundry mat lol is a blessing when you have kids in the pool everyday.

Dave and DiDi Go Crabbing

This was our second visit to this nice campground. Improvements were made after Hurricane Rita, All sites are gravel with plenty of room. Each side includes a picnic table-- with those between the two boat ramps covered--as well as a garbage can. Easy access to water for fishing and crabbing at the park plus convenient location to national refuge and coastline to the south. Bathrooms were adequate, spacious, and clean. Dump site also clean. Walkways and docks along the canal with a fish cleaning station on main covered dock area. New playground equipment and meeting room (rental) but closed due to COVID-19. Agree with previous review about noise. We were further away and didn't notice road or water noise at night. Good TV reception with regular antenna. Also no problems cell phone reception (ATT). We will definitely stay here again. This visit we were in our 25 ft travel trailer,

Clean, Great for Families

This was our first trip to Lafayette KOA and just our third time camping in our new-to-us travel trailer. My overall impression is that the park is very well maintained, has attentive staff and many activities. We didn’t care for how the sites were so close together. Luckily we didn’t have neighbors to the right of us. Because if we did, their cables and sewage hose would be right outside our door. We had our dog with us so the gravel wasn’t ideal. The tent sites were not located right next to the bathhouse. It’s not a horrible walk, but it’s a lot closer to the majority of the RV sites. They do have a set of restrooms right across from the tents though. We did a little fishing. The ponds were stocked. The water was clear so we could see them, but they were not dumb. We lost a lot of worms, and we only caught three tiny fish. We don’t have kids, but this would have been a great place to take your family. Activities include Mini golf ($), Kayaks ($), paddle boats ($), two pools, pool table in the game room, playground, and a small dog park. We had some strong winds the first night, and our awning ended up getting damaged. I called the front desk, and they sent out maintenance right away to help. The office has a shop with fishing supplies, groceries, RV supplies, and gifts. It’s conveniently located near a grocery store, gas stations, and fast food places. Billy’s Boudin was a quick walk away.There is noise from I-10 and from the nearby train tracks, but it’s not too bad. We’ll definitely be back, but would like to try a different site/area next time!

Good, Louisiana fun!

We’ve not been during the summer, but we loved our kids’ Mardi Gras weekend here. Lots of cultural fun and activities for kids and family. More like a state park when it comes to plenty of shade and room between sites. Barn dances on a lot of weekends with live bands. Fun little place. Lots of perks during the summer. Some folks can get rowdy, but overall a good time.

PRETTY, BUT NOISY

Don't get me wrong, I am not antisocial, but when I go camping I really want the natural quiet of nature. It was pretty busy, with many people gathered and partying. Kids driving crazy on golf carts. Otherwise, the property is pretty. The sites are easily accessible (our camper is approximately 30 ft). The showers were not available d/t covid 19, but were there. Our site 12 was level and had full hookups. Pet friendly. Large trees. Store on site and snack shop near the beach. Very kid friendly.