The best RV SITES camping near
Free Town , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Free Town Camping Reviews
Love this campground!

Great fishing, swimming, playground, walking trails! We had to be in this are for work and so glad we found this lake!

Overall okay for the area

Considering their are no other parks in the area or even very close to the area I would say it's an okay park . I think it's way over priced and the hours/ days it's open for anything other than rv's/ camper trailers is very limited. But it is very clean and the staff was friendly

Overall okay for the area

Great location!! Great food everywhere!!

Quite little camp ground, state park so some sites are full hookup and some only water and power. We have a great view of the river in site 061 but water and power only, dump station only about 75yrds away though…so no issues. Lots of great places near by for food and drink.

Beautiful setting all concrete

Really nice park very well maintained. Exceptionally maintained. All concrete sites and a beautiful lake. Covered play area for kids and a nice dog walk area.

Bayou Segnette State Park, LA

Located only 15 minutes from the heart of New Orleans!! The campground is spacious and each site is separated by trees or bushes. It’s very affordable like most state parks are, which is a plus. The bathrooms and showers were heated and clean, but I did have a tree frog join me during my morning shower. The laundry room charges $1.75 per load and there is no change machine FYI. The sites flood easily due to the marshland climate so be aware of that. Our site even came with a deck which was nice. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much so!

Nice state park pretty close to New Orleans

Nicely wooded campground. Some ambient traffic noise. This is a good campground for day trips into NOLA.

Great for a few nights

Permit and sign-in/out required on Louisiana WMA website. Close to a boating launch that has a bathroom and water. The site has 3 picnic tables with plenty of room for tents or rvs. About 2 miles from town, with decent service. Beautiful sunsets over the fields.

Hidden gem

This is a hidden gem in NOLA, it’s fifteen minutes to the action. And a beautiful campsite. It’s right on the water so you can see yachts and boats come in and out. The grounds are maintained very nicely, beautiful plants etc. nice space and plants in between each campsite so you have privacy . The employees in the office are super kind and helpful. There’s a restaurant on site, which is a new experience for us. The road to get here is rough though, it’s through an industrial park and looks very concerning, but then you come and find this! So nice. It’s also secured for those that are worried, I know I was.

Cheap and great option for exploring downtown New Orleans!

This was a great place- especially for an overnight. Easy to navigate through the park- all concrete. This site was level. No wifi, but AT&T cell service worked fine. Water and Electricity with dump station on site. Trashcans conveniently around the park.