The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
De Broeck Landing , LOUISIANA

Most Recent De Broeck Landing Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

The park was beautiful & clean. Huge trees. The walk to the bathroom was a little far but the bathroom was new. The park rangers patrolled constantly. We were in Armadillo Run loop. It was Beautiful but traffic from the highway was pretty loud. We brought kayaks and drove to a nearby boat ramp to put in. (Outside the park, called Crip’s camp) From what I had read online, it should have been fairly easy to find a paddling trail but it was much harder and very, VERY easy to get lost. After talking to a few people who paddle their quite often, I have a plan for our next trip. ***The water at the state park does not really connect to Caddo Lake. It can be fairly misleading. Definitely do your research. The lake is HUGE and you can easily get lost.

Great spot

Stayed at site 47. Great park. Another park that the CCC left its mark on. For a West Texas kid, Caddo feels otherworldly. Fun fishing, many big sites, decent bathrooms.

Amazing SP

We loved the cabin, it made winter camping with kids do-able! Loved hiking and exploring! A ton of CCC history and beautiful bald cypress here!

Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Can't beat for Price

Very out and the open! Hard for rigs to pull into, soft ground, and potholes in the dirt road. Site are very close together, first come first serve. Has electric and water at ever site tho! $6 a night is a steal, I have the America is Beautiful/interagency pass and only pay $3 a night. Saves you 50% at each park, for sale online for $80 annually. 03/23/21 the bathrooms are still locked due to the 9 degree freeze they had busted the pipes and month ago. Amphitheater is cool for pics, but looks rotten and never used. Pavillion has fireplace and never in use. Behind the fireplace if you walk directly behind it about 300ft into a trail that runs into a creek, to your right will be old native American stone work stairs ( i posted a video) thats very cool. Also posted a video about the national foxhound graveyard that host the best of America's foxhounds. Also super cool. What isn't cool is when you got the fireflies and the campfire and the crickets, and mellows and dogs roasting, then, booom!!!! Here comes big rigs flying thur your ambience at 80mph loud AF just 100 feet away from all campsites. There is a major road that cuts the camp into two. Kills the whole "nature" feel! All night long!!! Bluebonnets are in full swing, so are the woodpeckers, red cardinals, blue Jay's, no coons or squirrels tho. Left food out the whole week, not a thing got into our bread or food. There is a cute grey kitty here, she comes every night and eats my dogs leftovers. Coyotes due there howling at different locations every 🌙, but no worries here. Ample wood for burning, I'm not kidding. Bring ur ax! Piles and piles at every 🌳 line. No snakes that I've seen, but spiders. And little maggots keep falling from the trees to our hammock and chairs. They did a prescribed burn 🔥 while we were here. Didnt inform us either. But that's seasonal. Host is lonely and bored, loves to talk, kinda deaf. Gotta yell. But nice guy overall. Cell service for Verizon is very sliw, AT&T is marginal at best,, Sprint/Tmobile is great. Well, thats all folks, hope I could be of help.

Beautiful and simple site

Stayed 1 night for rooftop camping on car. Chose to set up in the primitive camping area on the grass near the boat docking area. Quiet and peaceful with beautiful sounds off the lake at night. Bathrooms are not the best.

All the amenities but little to do

Caddo Lake State Park looked amazing in pictures—shaggy, mossy trees in the bayou ecosystem, spring greenery, shady campgrounds—so my two friends and I booked it. It’s actually a very nice state park. The bathrooms are immaculate and have soap and TP, the campgrounds have water and electricity for cheap, and they have pre cut firewood you can pay for by donation. They had so many amenities compared to other campgrounds I’ve been to. However, I am more accustomed to having several miles of hiking trails. We hiked every single trail in 2.5 hours. The next day we were looking forward to canoe rentals, but unfortunately the park isn’t doing that during COVID. The park staff by the way is very friendly and helpful. They have several cute and kid friendly maps. The ranger at the desk also gave us the phone number of a boat dock in town, but by the time we got there all the boats were taken. I feel a bit guilty for the lower rating here, but we were pretty bored the second day then got rained out and left early instead of staying a second night. Our campground in Armadillo run was too swampy and our gear got muddy. Wish we’d had our own kayaks to bring!

Only natural lake in Texas!

Beautifully creepy with its Spanish moss covered trees all through the lake. Quiet and great trails for you and the doggies!

Quick inexpensive overnight!

Not a 5 star resort, but 5 stars for what it is! Right off the highway. Makes a great inexpensive overnight stop. Easily fit our 40ft+ rv. Limited pull throughs out front, so call Mrs Sheila ahead, she is very nice & helpful. Has basic amenities you might need to regroup during travel, like laundry & restrooms. Has a little workout room too! We have stayed many times traveling to/from Dallas, and will return.

Clean!

Camping in the city. Campground was FULL and we got the last site. Not a lot of privacy at each campsite and had a tiny table and chairs right next to neighbors sewage hook up. We came in late and only stayed overnight so it wasn’t a huge deal. Felt safe and secure. Site 11 close to bathrooms. $60