The best BOAT IN camping near
Alberta , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Alberta Camping Reviews
Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Amazing

We love coming here with the kids just for a weekend get away

Has everything I need including privacy

I was looking for a Louisiana location for an extended stay, I wanted to find a riverside, quiet location with large sites. A place where there was room for my travel trailer, boat, and truck. I found that and much more at Jones' Riverside Marina & RV Park.

It is in the country but not that far from the charming city of Natchitoches. The staff members are always friendly and helpful. There is a well-stocked store along with a carry-out restaurant (sit down part is closed due to covid-19). They have a free boat ramp and docks (very handy for me). The fishing is always good from the bank or a boat. My travel trailer is small but this facility is big rig friendly. I like the laid-back atmosphere and southern hospitality that is present here. This is not a huge, fancy, "resort", but those are not for me. I don't care for the crowds, noise, price, and many restrictions of those places. This RV Park emulates the real Louisiana!

Traditional campgrounds closed

Called to inquire on tent/dispersed camping on 1.14.21 and was told the park is currently closed except for "certified" RV spots. Since our Sprinter is self sufficient it isn't considered certified, they wouldn't reserve a space for us. 😔

So peaceful!!!

Clean, quiet campground. Beautiful sites and well kept park!

Favorite

Only been camping for less than a year but this is my wife’s favorite spot. Plenty of room between sites and great views. She really enjoyed riding her bike around the campground.

Real nice get away

Not bad for a small area, great for kayaking and hiking. But due to the recent hurricanes the hiking trail was closed and a bit of trees was down in the bayou. But over all couldn’t be happier with a small get away from the world.

Good campground to return to annually

This camp ground is well kept. There is a nice beach and really nice fishing pears and dock. There is a large open pavilion to rent as well as an enclosed group building. Cabins and duplex housing are also an option. I prefer the pull through full hook up section but there are plenty of tent and RV sites with water and electricity. There are some short trails and an amphitheater is located near the bath house. I try to camp there once a year.

Good park to visit often

There is much to do at this park. Trails, swimming, boating, fishing, small zoo and museum. Very clean. Newly renovated. Full hook ups and cabins are available as well as tent camping. The tent camping area is separate from RV section though.

Over Time Downfall

This park has so much to offer but I notice the upkeep is less and less overtime. The “prime view” back in sites are fairly level and clean, Pull throw sites aren’t really level. Several of the plugs at the breaker box need replacement. Shower houses are in need of a desperate DEEP cleaning. I have stayed once a month for the past few months and hate to watch it not being taken care of. Fishing and boating are excellent and the park could be with some upkeep. I will re-evaluate my visit next month.