The best GROUP camping near
Summerfield , KANSAS

Most Recent Summerfield Camping Reviews
Not Bad - Depending on How Busy It Is

Not a bad lake to camp at; offers decent fishing, decent kayaking, and a swim beach. You may run into lots of party-folk depending on when you come here.

Good cell service; on Sprint I can get 4G and Sprint sucks so you should be good in that regard. Can get some really pretty lakeside spots if you get there early!

Good Mix of Country / 'Not Too Far From Town' Site

I've camped here a few times, not a bad place depending on the season. Can get pretty busy, but not as busy as Bluestem down the road.

Great weekend stay

Looking forward somewhere different to camp. Found Crystal Springs on Google Earth. Sites are big enough for our 38 foot 5th wheel with room to spare. Each site has 30 and 50 amp electric. Water also at each site. Picnic table is provided, we used our own fire ring. Three spring fed lakes to kayak or fish in. Even though lower camp ground was pretty full it was quiet. Would definitely recommend staying

Sunflower and butterfly galore!

My husband and I stayed in a site with beautiful trees and sunflowers growing all around us. The monarchs must have been migrating because they were all over the trees. You can drive down to the water. We didn’t see a lot of campers but there were quite a few people fishing off the shore. Bring bug spray, as the mosquitoes and chiggers were biting! Very quiet stay for a couple nights!

Beautiful views some of the campgrounds are better than others

Some of the campgrounds had beautiful views we chose one suited better for hammock camping. However people are partying down the road driving around at midnight racing through the campground. Wound up car camping that worked. This is a man built reservoir and they are working on the tubes so the water was low.. i was able to catch a catfish though. 😃

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.

Just might be my favorite

It has been many years since I went to this park. We use to take my oldest here when he was little. We finally came back, and right off the bat, while entering the park we see 2 eagles soaring above. We drove through the park and wow what a ecological beauty. You get down in the valley by the river you almost forget your in Nebraska. There are also several things to do in this park. First the obvious is all the miles, and miles of trails available, and the fishing. There is also horseback riding, discgolf, a archery range, shooting range. There is also a history museum of the area (which was closed due to covid), a living history area with a blacksmith, broom shop, and soap (which was also closed). There is also a old school house, the old town St Derion cementary, and half breed cementary. Also the stairs to the cave was closed (due to the floods of 2019). Even due to the park not fully open the place is a most see for any camper.

Great for car camping

Just car tent camped here with my fiancé and dog over the weekend. We had many camp sites to choose from because it’s back to school time in NE (timing, timing, timing)! Basic tent sights are first come, $15 a night. The park offered firewood ($6) and ice for sale. Lots of hiking trails with different levels of difficulty and elevation. Most drive up camp sites have outhouses nearby. We sometimes drove up to the group tent sites where they have clean bathrooms, running water and showers (need quarters for shower). We had a great time and enjoyed being surrounded by all the lovely trees. Staff were friendly and the park was clean. Only bummer is the steps to the “cave” is still closed.

Baseball !

Quiet RV park with the local legion baseball diamond. Love this small town campground. Nice clean bathrooms with showers that are very clean. Easy contactless check-in.