the dyrt
US Army Corps of Engineers
Bloomington East - Clinton Lake is located in Kansas
5 Reviews of Bloomington East - Clinton Lake
Bloomington East - Hickory Campground

Made reservations online using photos of the campsites. Chose site 166 with is a great site with lots of afternoon shade. Campground and facilities are well maintained and clean. The only problem is the bathrooms get hot and stuffy in the afternoon. That may be because the heat index was 110 degrees.

Great hiking trails nearby.

I live in Lawrence so this campground isn't a vacation spot for me but rather a "get some alone time" spot. Clean, safe and well maintained. Other campers are respectful and the camp hosts are always friendly.

The draw for me is the many hiking trails accessible from the campsite. Great place to spend a nice Kansas weekend!

Quite and relaxing

I love this place. It's been a place that my family took me as a child time and again and somewhere I still take my family as an adult. We take our dogs and our kayakes and we are set for the weekend. The campsites are clean and a nice private distance from each other for the most part. Some sites seem a little more popular and packed in. The bathrooms where clean and the water was hot! Would recommend to anyone, and there is always a friendly face who knows the area.

A great place to relax

Paved roads are great for taking a walk or riding bikes and make it easy to move from one place to another withi the campground. Our camping spot offered significant shade and a large grassy area for setting up chairs, cooking equipment, and outdoor games. We appreciate that the layout made it easy for children to move freely and safely among campsites and to restroom facilities and the playground.

Stopping in for a concert

Spent the night here while in town for a concert. The park was very clean and beautiful and the staff was great.