Add Review
About Walnut Grove RV Park

Tucked away near the heart of the Merriam Downtown Business District, Walnut Grove RV Park offers a total of 50 lots. Amenities include hot showers, clean restrooms, laundromat, dump station, dog park, both 30 and 50 amps sites are available with full hook-ups at each lot. WiFi internet service is available from edge to edge of the park! Paved roads lead to our 50 sites, that our staff is more than happy to help get you in and out of with ease!  There are many historical sites in the area including the Mahafee Stage Coach Stop and Shawnee Mission Indian Museums. Along with the historical attractions, there are also several Casino’s near the park; Harrah’s, Argosy, Isle of Capri and Hollywood Casino. All are located within a 15 minutes drive! Maps and Brochures are available anytime in the front of the office, or just ask one of our Staff for directions to your destination and they will print you a map on the spot! ALSO, with tournament time rapidly approaching, The National Intramural Softball Fields are located just 5 miles West of the Park on Johnson Drive. If planning to attend a tournament please make reservations EARLY.  We wish to accommodate everyone, but with conventions and special events, we ask that you make your reservations as much in advance as possible, with only 50 lots, a prime location, and our rock-star staff, we have a tendency to fill up FAST! Thanks for checking out Walnut Grove RV Park! 65′ Max RV Site Available Length

Price
$36.00 - $45.00
Private
Walnut Grove RV Park is located in Kansas
2 Reviews of Walnut Grove RV Park
Friendly staff

We made a last minute decision and decided to stay somewhere near KC after a long cross country trip. With it being Memorial Day weekend, we new it would be hard to find a place that would allow a same day reservation. Mark and Kyle at Walnut Grove could not have been more friendly and accommodating when we called to try to reserve a spot.

When we arrived, the staff flagged us in and showed us to our site. There was free WiFi, clean restrooms, and a nice little shop. Our site had a 50amp hookup for electric, and water/sewer. There is also a small area for dogs to run around in, while I wouldn’t consider it a true “dog park”, it still was nice to have a designated area to take your dog.

The most negative thing about this place is that the sites are right on top of each other. I would estimate about 6 feet separated our camper from the RV next to us. For the price to stay here, I would have liked a little more room/privacy, and a few more options for things to do within the campground.

If it weren’t for the super cool staff, I’d probably rate this location with fewer stars. It worked great as a short term stay, but in my opinion it’s not a place I’d want to stay for several days/nights.

Close to downtown Merriam and KC

My husbands job took us to Merriam Kansas and we needed a place to stay, we made reservations at Walnut Grove. We were surprised to find it in the middle of a neighborhood. The staff were very nice and helped us into our site. The sites were on gravel and very close to each other. Walnut Grove was both short and long term campers. There were no tent sites. We had full hook-ups, cell service, and free wifi. We had a picnic table and fire ring and could purchase firewood at their store.

During our stay I was awakened to a startling noise and couldn't figure it out until I went outside and saw the walnuts falling onto our camper. By the time we left, everything was covered(stained) tarnish brown. The park is in a walnut grove hence its name. They had a dog run which was not fenced but provided some grass for the pups. They had a laundry mat and clean showers with good water pressure. There also was a strange noise coming from the trees and when I asked the office what it was they thought it was locusts. I knew that was not their noise so I had to find what it was. After searching, I found that it was tree frogs 🐸 and it was their call. So if you are there in September listen and you will hear them, they love the walnut trees.