About Woodridge Park

US Army Corps of Engineers
Woodridge Park is located in Clinton Lake in Kansas
7 Reviews of Woodridge Park
Great Primitive Camp Area

Awesome spot for weekend camping. Lots of fire rings available. Well maintained in the main camping area, as well as on the trail.

great primitive camping

Camping spots along trail are really spread out and even if every spot is full you still feel secluded.

Great!

We brought our two dogs here with us and camped. There are so many spots you can set up at on the trail that nobody went to. Keep in mind though that the trail gets very muddy if it has just rained! We had a great experience here right up until the last morning when a hobo that was sleeping in his tent there decided to knock on our tent at 6 am wondering if we stole his wet wood from outside his tent. And YES he indeed was homeless because he told us himself and then shortly after that said he was drunk as well. We got up and started packing to leave as we were talking to him because we felt we were in danger. Told the man to leave several times and he didn’t even want to step away from our site. Over all was a good place but just anywhere you go keep an eye on others around you and definitely bring protection, people are CRAZY!

One of my favorites

One of my favorite not the typical slice of pie camping great for hammocks

My Favorite Hidden Gem

Woodridge is one if my favorite campgrounds. First come / first serve, plenty of space, potable water, nice toilets, tons of trails…

Kansas beauty!

The campground is very well groomed, lots of amenities and it is really close to the lake via a short hike in the woods. #lovenature

Home away from home

This place is definitely a weekend destination for my little family and I. The trail is probably easy to moderate and there are an endless number of areas to explore. There are several campsites in the parking lot area and then there are 15 more primitive sites along the trail. It's highly suggested that you explore off the trail though so that you can 1) see all the creative campsites that campers have built and established and 2) you can create your own living space. Woodridge is never over crowded unless it's a holiday, so more often than not you could camp the whole weekend and potentially not see another person. I highly recommend you to take a little vacation at this park and enjoy what nature has to offer!