Fires Unknown
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Wilson State Fishing Lake is located in Kansas
5 Reviews of Wilson State Fishing Lake
Clear water and breath taking scenery

Aways enjoyable super clear water this place is a premier fishing destination especially for predator fish but great fishing no matter what your looking to hook into the camping is just as enjoyable with nice and open campgrounds that are close to the water the more simple your camping method the more enjoyable this place is for the tent spots are the best spots this place could use a few more trees but it's not a deal breaker because the beauty of this place is out of this world

Unexpected Beauty in the KS Flint Hills

Came here for a last minute trip for the 4th of July. I found online reservations confusing, but I called the Park Office and they were very helpful. Found a spot easily, which I didn't expect due to the holiday weekend. The park rangers directed us to a quieter spot, right by the lake. Gorgeous. Bathrooms were easily accessible and clean. Electrical outlets were harder to find, but we were at a primitive site so I expected it. I will definitely come here again.

peaceful

great quite place to be with nature

Primitive?

We stayed at little bluestem campground in the Hell Creek area, where we camped in a tent. The lake was beautiful and the weather was nice. we went on a short hike on the dakota trail, which was very well kept. we do not own a boat or mountain bikes so there was not a ton of stuff for us to do. the mountain biking looked really fun. and I bet having a boat would have made it even more fun. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because it was mainly for RV's. which me and my other half are not all about. There are about 20 different campsites and Little Bluestem is the ONLY primitive one. we arrived and there were two RV's in the two best spots at the PRIMITIVE campground.

Minooka Campground at Lake Wilson, KS

Except for the fact that the water level at this lake is extremely low, our family and friends enjoy the friendliness of this hideaway. On the federal side of Lake Wilson it has decent shower houses, group camping areas, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We use this area to camp 3-4 times a season and always book early make sure we have several spots during peak times. Down side for the unorganized is that it's a 20 minute drive for supply's as well as 20 minutes to get boat in water due to most boat ramps being closed.