The best DRIVE IN camping near
Oketo , KANSAS

Most Recent Oketo Camping Reviews
Not Bad - Depending on How Busy It Is

Not a bad lake to camp at; offers decent fishing, decent kayaking, and a swim beach. You may run into lots of party-folk depending on when you come here.

Good cell service; on Sprint I can get 4G and Sprint sucks so you should be good in that regard. Can get some really pretty lakeside spots if you get there early!

Good Mix of Country / 'Not Too Far From Town' Site

I've camped here a few times, not a bad place depending on the season. Can get pretty busy, but not as busy as Bluestem down the road.

We keep coming back!

We initially thought oh what a great overnight spot but have found this to be so much more! Location is perfect, quiet city park near police station. Walking/biking trails, playground, frisbee golf, restaurants with in walking distance, it’s a beautiful setting and the squirrels, black squirrels are everywhere. Limited spots with 30/50 amp are available, they are pull off as in drive over the curb and park. I did mention limited as in very few, I can’t express this enough as I think I saw 3 maybe 4 spots with electric hookups. Sites are free, donations accepted- box is located on the building that houses the restrooms and near water station.

We looked and looked for this place and never found any campground or signs for it. The roads were all narrow dirt and bumpy. Found unlit dirt parking in the wildlife management area where we able to turn around and go back. Ended up spending the night in the square of Geneva, NE.

Great weekend stay

Looking forward somewhere different to camp. Found Crystal Springs on Google Earth. Sites are big enough for our 38 foot 5th wheel with room to spare. Each site has 30 and 50 amp electric. Water also at each site. Picnic table is provided, we used our own fire ring. Three spring fed lakes to kayak or fish in. Even though lower camp ground was pretty full it was quiet. Would definitely recommend staying

Sunflower and butterfly galore!

My husband and I stayed in a site with beautiful trees and sunflowers growing all around us. The monarchs must have been migrating because they were all over the trees. You can drive down to the water. We didn’t see a lot of campers but there were quite a few people fishing off the shore. Bring bug spray, as the mosquitoes and chiggers were biting! Very quiet stay for a couple nights!

Beautiful views some of the campgrounds are better than others

Some of the campgrounds had beautiful views we chose one suited better for hammock camping. However people are partying down the road driving around at midnight racing through the campground. Wound up car camping that worked. This is a man built reservoir and they are working on the tubes so the water was low.. i was able to catch a catfish though. 😃

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Peaceful

There is more here than what you see at first glance. There is a ton of shade and a lot of 30A hookups only like 5 50A spots. This is one that will go on our list of place to go. Oh and it’s Labor Day weekend Friday night at 9pm and still 15 open spots.

Could be that hidden gem

This lake is probably about 50 acre lake next to the town Verdon. It is very secluded small campground. It is basic camping at it's finest. The park was empty when we were there on a Sunday other than a man fishing in a little boat. The park appears to be well maintained and clean, and fairly active with wildlife. There was fish jumping out there and cranes were on the lake. Bottom line this park appears to be everything a person would like who is a basic camper. This spring fed lake offers fishing, kayaking, canoe or trolling boats, (you supply), without the crowded campgrounds. It does have resemblance of Memphis Lake in Memphis from about 10 yrs ago.