The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Havensville , KANSAS

Camping Kansas Havensville Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Havensville Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

We keep coming back!

We initially thought oh what a great overnight spot but have found this to be so much more! Location is perfect, quiet city park near police station. Walking/biking trails, playground, frisbee golf, restaurants with in walking distance, it’s a beautiful setting and the squirrels, black squirrels are everywhere. Limited spots with 30/50 amp are available, they are pull off as in drive over the curb and park. I did mention limited as in very few, I can’t express this enough as I think I saw 3 maybe 4 spots with electric hookups. Sites are free, donations accepted- box is located on the building that houses the restrooms and near water station.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Great Value

Wife found this lake on Google Maps.

We drove out on a Sunday to check it out, and was amazed by the quality of the sites for the money.

We camped the weekend of October 16th, 2020.

Dry Camping is$5 a night.

Electric (30AMP) sites are$10 a night.

We came out on a Thursday and got a sight(#5). The sites are gravel(white rock) and somewhat level. I was able to get level with our leveling blocks.

There were quite a few other campers, but the place was really quiet after 10PM.

The lake has good areas and a trail around the lake. We put in several miles walking the dog.

The lake is a"no wake" lake, so no speed boats. The lake is small enough that it would be an issue anyway. Great kayaking lake.

There is a dump site(free) on sight. non-potable water available at dump sight.

Fresh water near the campground (one spigot).

Our only complaint was that there were only two dumpsters near the electric campground. More trash receptacles would be nice. We picked up trash from fire rings in the tent sites, which was annoying.

We will definitely stay again next year, this time with kayaks.

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Nice trees and shade

Quite pleasant. The campground is a bit dated, but more than adequate. The sites are pretty close together. There are quite a few camp sites who look like they live here long-term. For this style of campground, we liked it. Do have some ear plugs handy for the night time if you're a light sleeper. You can hear the highway and several trains come by.

Trains at night but huge lots

We were tent camping and they out us by the river and it was wonderful. They have huge lots and very friendly service. Breakfast can be purchased and is brought to your campsite! A con was the bright lights from the center of the site; enough to keep us up but not enough to help us see at night while setting up. Another was the very, very loud train that blows its horn everytime it passes late at night (around 12am), in the middle of the night (2:30am-ish) and very early morning (maybe 5am?). I was so exhausted that I needed to sleep another few hours after checkout; luckily, I wasn't driving, so if you are, you might be tired by 11am checkout if you don't sleep early enough to account for the times you're woken up by the train a few times through the night.

Sunflower and butterfly galore!

My husband and I stayed in a site with beautiful trees and sunflowers growing all around us. The monarchs must have been migrating because they were all over the trees. You can drive down to the water. We didn’t see a lot of campers but there were quite a few people fishing off the shore. Bring bug spray, as the mosquitoes and chiggers were biting! Very quiet stay for a couple nights!

Quiet place to tuck away

Driving across Kansas can be long and tedious and I'm often looking for a place to primitive-car-camp on the cheap to get some sleep while crossing the country. This little lake worked perfectly for me. Not a huge detour from I-70 (maybe 20-30 minutes total) - I found the campground completely empty on a Monday night in early September and woke up with a picnic table and a fire pit next to a calm lake with jumping fish and just a few local fisherman visible in various spots. There were no annoying gates or camp managers or $ charges, and that's perfect for my purposes.. Made a cup of coffee by the lake and got back on the road. I didn't see bathroom/shower/electrical or any other "advanced" services so this is more for those of us who just need a peaceful place to tent camp.