The best BOAT IN camping near
Havensville , KANSAS

Most Recent Havensville Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Quiet place to tuck away

Driving across Kansas can be long and tedious and I'm often looking for a place to primitive-car-camp on the cheap to get some sleep while crossing the country. This little lake worked perfectly for me. Not a huge detour from I-70 (maybe 20-30 minutes total) - I found the campground completely empty on a Monday night in early September and woke up with a picnic table and a fire pit next to a calm lake with jumping fish and just a few local fisherman visible in various spots. There were no annoying gates or camp managers or $ charges, and that's perfect for my purposes.. Made a cup of coffee by the lake and got back on the road. I didn't see bathroom/shower/electrical or any other "advanced" services so this is more for those of us who just need a peaceful place to tent camp.

Beautiful views some of the campgrounds are better than others

Some of the campgrounds had beautiful views we chose one suited better for hammock camping. However people are partying down the road driving around at midnight racing through the campground. Wound up car camping that worked. This is a man built reservoir and they are working on the tubes so the water was low.. i was able to catch a catfish though. 😃

Could be that hidden gem

This lake is probably about 50 acre lake next to the town Verdon. It is very secluded small campground. It is basic camping at it's finest. The park was empty when we were there on a Sunday other than a man fishing in a little boat. The park appears to be well maintained and clean, and fairly active with wildlife. There was fish jumping out there and cranes were on the lake. Bottom line this park appears to be everything a person would like who is a basic camper. This spring fed lake offers fishing, kayaking, canoe or trolling boats, (you supply), without the crowded campgrounds. It does have resemblance of Memphis Lake in Memphis from about 10 yrs ago.

We will be back

This was such a nice, clean, and beautiful lakeside campground. It rained the entire time we were there, so we did not get to fully enjoy the lake, but we will return!

Tucked Away Local Favorite

Dirt road access. Locals enjoy this space year round for shore fishing and hammocking. Lots of shade. Some washout this summer. Pretty rough access road. Gravel + washout + steep hill down to lake level. Great for kayaking. Couple geocaches as well. I live near by and have gone every month of the year.

Small but Nice

We enjoy Kirkman’s for the sand beach and boating. The camper spots (electrical and non electrical) are nice, level, and shaded with mature trees. There’s bathrooms located in between the camper area and the sand beach. One disappointment is the play ground which is dated and not much to offer. Overall, we enjoy the camp ground and visit it often!