The best TENT SITES camping near
Grinnell , KANSAS

Most Recent Grinnell Camping Reviews
Wonderful

Despite a broken motorcycle and random people showing up to fish, it was a lovely spot. The fishermen were innocuous and I highly recommend the primitive spots

Not your typical state park

State park ran by local city of Oberlin. Beautiful, well maintained grounds. The drive in leads one to wonder are we there yet? The answer is well kind of. We were sitting in a field in a spot that provided electrical hookups but if you keep going (don’t pull off into the field as we initially did) you will find more. $10 night fee provided us with 30/50 amp service, there was a water station to fill up. Frisbee golf, playground, lots of open space. We were able to get our electric bikes out and explore. Geocache located near and inside park.

An RV hotel...brilliant !!

Tried to get a campsite at a nearby place while traveling though, but showers and such were closed….was told about this place. Desk clerk was great. Got a level space to park, electric and bathrooms with a shower for $22. Perfect no fuss stop to nap and clean while passing through.

Highway Hookups

Nice older place to stop from all that highway driving! Water, sewer and electric in an open, somewhat treed campground. Relatively quiet being as close to the highway as it is. Ordered food from Cap'n Jack's Pub which was delivered to our RV. Food was good pub food! Covid protocols in place!

Hidden oaiss

Nice state park hidden away in the middle of nowhere, great stop on the way to Colorado , internet service four bars, no air TV, camp sites are spaced apart, nice play grounds for kids, shower houses modern, nice and quiet

Great little stop

Very clean restrooms and showers. Very nice to work with while traveling late at night. We will definitely stop again on our way to Colorado next time!

Simple grassy spot

Simply picked the first loops on the lake. if you want to swim I would suggest camping on the other side. I picked this spot because no one else was around I had the whole loop to myself. Which is what I was looking for. The other side had a lot more people. Maybe not the best place for tents a lot of geese around and their droppings but there was plenty of grass and soft ground. I am not use to seeing a campground not full. I was surprised how easy it was to find open spots must be a Kansas thing. Beautiful sunset and sunrise in early July.

Overnight ... look no more!

Very nice set up! Sites are full hookup with cable… cell signal good(AT&T)… level gravel sites…beautiful prairie views. There is a restaurant on site. Very nice host! We left with fresh eggs collected this morning! WOW!!!! Nice laundry room…bathroom was closed due to COVID. You can hear i80 but it was really not an issue with earplugs.

Great Place for an Overnight Stop

Traveling back across Kansas on I-70, this was a perfect overnight spot with hookups and clean bathrooms on site.

Not much to do other than have a drink and watch the beautiful sunset.

Its our first KOA

After our first night this felt like the Hilton, ok maybe the Hilton Garden Inn. We were greeted by two young men and taken to our site. The lobby, bathrooms and shower were immaculate. They even have an ice cream social and fresh baked good in the morning.