Fowler, KANSAS

Most Recent Fowler Camping Reviews
Awesome get away

They have done a lot of work to this place. I think more trees would make it better but, it is a very nice place.

Lake Meade State Park in March

Stayed 2 nights in early March.   Lake View site #22, beautiful view from the lake's edge.   Most sought after site.    Was nearly all alone.  Power and Electric hook-ups.   Many hook-up options but no sewer.    Did have a dump station.   Roughly $20/night for premium site.    Some spots are a little close together, but the lake views and otherwise open areas make up for it.

Where did the Lake Go

Water Sports, no longer has it's Lake. There are still some trailers here from when this is to be the watering hole for the area. Over 100 plus sites. Many 30 amp less 50 amps, water at every site and a dump station. Like many other parks in this region the burs are here too. Laundry Room good for small to medium sized items. Bath house has codes and are in the need of a little TLC, but are clean. Great price. They made a fresh pot of coffee for is before we left. Customer Service is awesome.

best in kansas

clean restrooms, showers, spotless laundry room. owners willing to help you with anything. very well run. a group of us stay in Oct. and April every year. we usually take 10 spots in front in Oct and 12 spots in rear of park on our way back through. only park around with a 8' deep pool and very wide spots. room for our 42'  c/a and f150.

Nice new campground

New and very clean campground. Clean showers and new washers & dryers. Close to the attractions.

WARNING!!! VERY RUDE OWNER’S!!

Before I do my review here, I want to point out that we own a small Toy Poodle and are very conscience of our dogs bio footprint in the environment and always pick up after he uses the bathroom. So here is our experience that really upset our family and my in-laws. I was walking my dog to the grass area and noticed my dog was wanting to go to the bathroom on the gravel. I pulled my dog quickly over to the grass area and picked up his waste to throw away. Little did I realize my dog had dropped a piece of poop before getting to the grass, I didn’t see it but the owner said he watched us and saw my dog poop in the gravel without me picking it up. I returned to my camper and 15 min later I receive a knock at my door and the owner tells me that I left my dogs poop and here it is. He slammed his shovel against the gravel on the ground, dropping a ping ball size poop on my front steps. I felt really bad that I didn’t see it and apologized but as soon as I did the owner tells me this is my first and only warning, if it happens again then we’ll be gone! We apologized a second time and the owner just stared at us angrily and walked away without acknowledging the apology or saying anything further. Me, my wife, my son and my mother and father in-law were jaw dropping shocked. We had stayed here several times before, made this our campground of choice in Dodge City when ever we visit and we’ve never had any issues. We pay good money to stay in their campground every year so a little bit of couth goes a long way in customer service. I was mortified that anyone who owns a campground would talk to someone and threaten to kick them out because of an honest and rather minor mistake. All he had to do was stop by and tell me he saw my dog poop in the road and to please double check your dog while walking him. What further put salt in the womb is when me and my wife went to the front desk to sign in from the night before and we confronted the owner that we didn’t know that our dog had pooped on the lot and again apologized. We then told him that all he had to do was be nice about it and he responded, “I was nice about it”. We argued politely for a minute that he was not nice and there’s no reason to talk to us like we’re little children. We finally gave up rationalizing with him and left. All over town and in front of their campground it’s advertised that their campground is for sale so maybe he’s having a very bad morning or there’s some added stress because their campground is for sale or maybe it’s the “I don’t care” attitude now but one thing is for sure, my family and my in-laws will never make this our weekend home for our mini vacations anymore. My advise is go to the brand new KOA campground right up the street where they don’t treat the customers like this, who actually care how they treat their customers. Plus it’s a heck of a lot nicer with concrete pads, new and very nice facilities. GunSmoke campground is very noisy because of the highway it sits right up against with very crowded campsites on the front half of the campground. They show pictures on the internet of the rear newer addition but not the crowed older section.

Nice Oasis

Stopped at this nice out of the way campground en route to Minneapolis. Nice sites and price (only $5 for tent). Squeaky is really doing a good job keeping things clean and maintained!

Simple

So this is a very simple campsite. If you want nice this is not where you go. We had our choice of campsites and there are three levels that you could be on. The bathrooms are a two on a five scale. But they do have full hook ups with 50 A. Nice and breezy. Laundry facilities are available and that is about it. A short walk down the hill to the Miss Kitty restaurant in the cattlemen lounge.

A small oasis

You wouldn’t believe it when you’re approaching it, since it seems near a road and behind the train tracks, and it seems to be near a refinery. But this 16-site, city-run park and campground is the kind of place I had been hoping to run across on my long drive. It has shady spots in an area where shade is a rarity. It’s a little protected by its location near the river, which is great.

It has hot showers and flush toilets, and did I mention hot water? There are park facilities like a play structure and lots of green grass. And it’s clean! At this writing, the fee ranges from $5 to $15 per night.

The site manager was extremely helpful and pleasant. It was worth calling ahead to let him know I was coming. (620) 626-0531

Wild west

Great little town with loads of history

Clean well maintained park

Helpful staff

Close to casino and shopping