Beattie , KANSAS

Most Recent Beattie Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Quiet place to tuck away

Driving across Kansas can be long and tedious and I'm often looking for a place to primitive-car-camp on the cheap to get some sleep while crossing the country. This little lake worked perfectly for me. Not a huge detour from I-70 (maybe 20-30 minutes total) - I found the campground completely empty on a Monday night in early September and woke up with a picnic table and a fire pit next to a calm lake with jumping fish and just a few local fisherman visible in various spots. There were no annoying gates or camp managers or $ charges, and that's perfect for my purposes.. Made a cup of coffee by the lake and got back on the road. I didn't see bathroom/shower/electrical or any other "advanced" services so this is more for those of us who just need a peaceful place to tent camp.

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Tucked Away Local Favorite

Dirt road access. Locals enjoy this space year round for shore fishing and hammocking. Lots of shade. Some washout this summer. Pretty rough access road. Gravel + washout + steep hill down to lake level. Great for kayaking. Couple geocaches as well. I live near by and have gone every month of the year.

Love Visiting Rockford!!!

Scenery is Beautiful and when it comes to taking a boat on the lake, everyone is great about safety! We have visited with parks and recreation, county deputy Sanderson, and Maintenance. All pleasant to visit with. The electrical hookups for RV’s are 30 or 50 AMP. Located in Area 4, southeast corner of the lake. Anyone who comes to visit will come to know and Appreciate why it is we love to visit here.