The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Kirkman , IOWA

4 Reviews1 Campground
Top Equestrian Campground near Kirkman Iowa

Most Recent Kirkman Camping Reviews
Higher rating but closed for now

This lake is one of the very few in Omaha that offers camping. And definitely of all types rv, and tent. But let me give you a disclaimer of why this is a 3 star. First the park is closed due to them draining it because of zebra mussels. Also I still feel weird about camping in a city, but that's my hang up. This place has always been well maintained, and offered a lot of amenities. They also offered rental boats for the lake, a really nice walking trail, and fishing. But for now we will have to wait to see what the improvements are going to be and how the lake turns out. More information to come later.

Currently close

Due to mussel infestation the lake and campgrounds are close. When it’s open there is a small semi primitive campground. Lake is pretty and does have boat docks.

Quaint property

This is one of my favorites as well!

This is situated in a very incredible neighborhood of Omaha! Close to the interstate for easy access! Very mature trees and landscape.

Hiking trails, no wake boating, paddle boards (available for rent).

Pros: Great Lake

cons: we felt really on top of our neighbors here, though a simple drive around showed us areas that are better than others.

Close to the City but Feels Off the Path

Lake Cunningham is a fun destination for getting outside if you only have an afternoon to escape! The lake itself is great for kayaking, paddle boarding, and sailing! People do swim near the beach area but it is technically not allowed. I like the beach for letting my dog swim! If you want to adventure but don’t have your own gear there is a cute little paddle board shop that rents boards and kayaks by the hour. They also offer classes!