Waterloo, IOWA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Waterloo Camping Reviews
Fantastic youth group campgrounds

We stayed here for the easy access to the water for the Scouts to get out in canoes and fishing.  I have been camping here off and on for the last 25 years.  I have not had any issues at all.  I have stayed in a regular tent campgounds and the youth group campsites.  I often head here for a few days in the Spring and Summer for a day of fishing as well.  My son and I like to get the canoes and Kayaks out and paddle around the lake.  The fish cleaning stations are well maintained and the location is not too far away from town.

Clean friendly quiet

Clean shower free wood staff is friendly

Best campground ever!

Our kids had more fun at this campground than any other so far. They have the most amazing playgrounds (yes, two of them!) That we've ever seen. There were activities for kids of all ages, and they used a rubber composite on the ground at the playground so when kiddos fall, they aren't injured. There is also a beautiful walking/biking trail and canoe rentals.

The sites were extremely level and clean, electric and water hookups. The camp host was very friendly and had plenty of firewood and ice in stock.

Nice spot.

Very RV friendly, I was the only tent camper I saw the weekend I went. Stayed with friends. The pond isn’t a far walk and had plenty of small fish for the kids to catch. Dock is pretty sketchy, if even usable. Campsite was clean and quite. Pool was nice, kids loved that.

Camping mid-week

We stayed in a 25 foot travel trailer in the middle of the week. Weekends are pretty much sold out.
We love the area. Kayaking, biking, and fishing. Very well maintained grounds.
Camp sites do not provide private water/sewer but there is a good water/sewer station on the way in.
My only complaint. Thurs evening we had friends join us. The Ranger Man enforced a 2 car per campsite rule. He forced 3 over 65 couples to drive to a parking lots and I shuttled them back and forth. Really? Do us Seniors party too hard for you? Haha I understand rules but I don’t have to like them… 😃

Amazing place! Great for kids

This place had so much! They had a little train ride, miniature golf course, catch and release fishing in their pond, splash pad, lots of cool things hand built structures to see as well. The staff was really nice, showers were clean and they had laundry too! It backs up to a corn field, right off the Interstate but the noise was barely there. Huge grass pull through lots everywhere. The biggest I have been in and actual real, full grass. My daughter is in a wheelchair so we requested the accessible site. It's right next to the showers with an adapted pic-nic table and raised fire pit! We were there 4 nights and added on an extra because we enjoyed it so much.

Well kept with good fishing

Went when it was 110 degrees with humidity. Campsites right next to the pond and good tree cover made the experience fun anyway. Good bass and panfish fishing with quiet campgrounds that aren’t right next to each other. I consider it a little hidden gem

Great campground full of fun!

This is a great place to camp and bring your kids! Jump into the nearby water and let the kids have a blast! Enjoy a nice fun night away from home!

Little known gem

Very nice campground! Friendly and helpful ranger. Not crowded even the weekend immediately after the 4th of July. Volleyball net, frisbee golf, bike trail, and playground!

Be prepared for mosquitoes though! Lots of standing water and lots of mosquitoes!

Nice quiet campground

This is a very nice quiet campground close to a nice small lake. We stayed in space 30 and this area has just had the electrical updated and the are adding some new spots right by the lake. There is a boat dock right there and benches to sit and fish or watch the geese or loons from