Cedar Rapids, IOWA

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Cedar Rapids Camping Reviews
Lots of fun for families.

This is our favorite place to be in the summer. Great trails for hiking and walking and my kids love swimming here as well. The beach area is usually well maintained. Great place to take the family for summer fun.

Really nice place

Very nice campground. Great walking trails through wooded areas near the river. Beautiful place.

Nice

One of the few places around Cedar Rapids that is open in winter. 35$/night. Management is pleasant.

Large campgound with great museum

This campground has a beautiful little lake (glad to see it back)  The museum is fun afternoon trip to hike to and visit.  There are a few times when the Boy Scouts take this park over for council events.   A great time for the family to get out and enjoy the outdoors.

Fantastic youth group campgrounds

We stayed here for the easy access to the water for the Scouts to get out in canoes and fishing.  I have been camping here off and on for the last 25 years.  I have not had any issues at all.  I have stayed in a regular tent campgounds and the youth group campsites.  I often head here for a few days in the Spring and Summer for a day of fishing as well.  My son and I like to get the canoes and Kayaks out and paddle around the lake.  The fish cleaning stations are well maintained and the location is not too far away from town.

Beautiful quiet park

We camp here every year in for Scouts.  The time a year we go it is not busy and we pretty much have the place to our selves.  The last time we were there the ranger let us have all the firewood we wanted.  Nice easy hiking paths and the beautiful grounds.

quiet peaceful

This primative campground has a small stocked trout stream running through it.  It is off of the beaten path and is usually not too busy.  This has become a favorite of our Scouting BSA Troop.

Cute and Quaint

Little Bear Campground is located right off I-80 at the West Liberty exit. It is right next to a trailer park. There are a few tent sites ($22/ night)and Rv sites($33/night). We pulled in late to stay the night. It had full hook ups with a fire ring and picnic table. The spot was good sized and clean. There is an office/ gift shop and a convent store within walking distance. There is 2 cute little cabins which run $49 a night. There is a pool(closed for season), and a playground for kids. I was surprised that the interstate noise was much quieter than I thought it would be. All and all it was a pleasant place to stop over.

Price is right

Stayed at modern campground. Very quiet midweek in October which was great because there would be no privacy between the small sites. Nice walking access to nice beach to dam trail. We appreciated the small playground near the north campground. Showers are meh, but overall value is great at $11 per night. It would be an annoyingly long drive to primitive campground.

Best campground ever!

Our kids had more fun at this campground than any other so far. They have the most amazing playgrounds (yes, two of them!) That we've ever seen. There were activities for kids of all ages, and they used a rubber composite on the ground at the playground so when kiddos fall, they aren't injured. There is also a beautiful walking/biking trail and canoe rentals.

The sites were extremely level and clean, electric and water hookups. The camp host was very friendly and had plenty of firewood and ice in stock.