Camping in Houston

223 Reviews of 30 Houston, Illinois Campgrounds

Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Large sites

This is a very nice campground with very large back in spots in the reserved area. There are restrooms but no trash dumpsters in the camping area. Very well shaded but no real view of the lake.

• what I wish we could see from any site
  • restroom
  • camping spots
c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

Elisha S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Peaceful

I went camping alone and there weren’t too many people here but I know if I screamed there would be people that heard me lol spectrum Mobile works out here and the lake is beautiful.

kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

Jamey W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Nice place but rules are a joke

We stopped for the night on our way to Georgia. Booking was easy and price was average. The property itself is beautiful. Spots are intermingled in the trees and it is spectacular in the morning. The pool is better then most hotels and the giant trampoline looked like it would be my daughters…

• pets left out alone and barking early in the morning
  • the highway is super close but it's still extremely beautiful
SiteA4
K
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Nice camp sites

Campsites were well-kept, grassy and even leveled. There are clean showers and coin laundry available. (AT&T) Cell reception was good too! A few trails, Mooners Hollow is one I’d suggest. They have ice and firewood at the check in station and staff is super friendly.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Beautiful spacious camping

Beautiful woodland setting with large concrete pads and nice grave picnic spot with fire pit. There’s a couple nice lakes with big beaches great swimming for the kids and you can rent a canoe or a kayak to paddle around on the lake. If you have an off-road vehicle there’s many trails for you to…

• You can rent a kayak or canoe for the day
  • Designated swimming area great for kids
  • Swimming beach at Monsanto Lake
M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful Family Friendly

Well kept, clean sites. Friendly and helpful gate staff. Large sites.

Jamie K.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Ok 👌

CAMPSITE ok seen alot of people that are homeless

S
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

My experience at Draft Kings at Casino Queen RV park

I haves stayed at Casino Queen RV Park several times..It’s always very clean and I always feel very safe..it’s easy clean in and clean out…you have to have a code to get into the gate..pets are allowed..the only down side is the train..which runs all night..

R
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Secure parking lot with full hookups

You need a code to get in the gate, so you must register in advance. It was hot in late July and with no trees on the larger sites, it seemed hotter. But the full hookups worked great with no issues. There is train noise but we couldn’t hear it with the air conditioners running.

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Good for ATV’s, also good for horses and people.

So, as one of Missouri’s atv parks, this can be a load one. But, you can camp at campground 2, and you’re dealing with a MUCH more classic camping scenario. The park is big enough you don’t hear the small engine vehicles over here.

The campground 2 sites are set up for horses, something I know…

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Busy weekend

We stayed the weekend here and it got really busy. When we tried to book online, all were taken but saw they had a few sites that were first come. Luckily, we got one of the last two. This campground is kept very clean and the hosts were excellent! The sites that overlook the lake are absolutely…

Joe W.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Homeless sheltet

This is NOT a RV park not a place to stay .... not even to go near

It is a homeless CAMP