About Blackwell Forest Preserve
9 Reviews of Blackwell Forest Preserve
Great!

Great enviorment

Group Camp for Scouts

Although the group sites are separate from the main part of the park, a short multi-use trail connects the two. Our Scouts were able to walk down to access the lake and fish. Additionally, there's an open space for sports/games and some great climbing trees within the group area. A connecting trail to the bike path that runs throughout Blackwell is available.

Each group site has a nice cooking are and open space for tents. We had a group of about 20 kids plus moms and dads, so we grabbed three sites in the same area. This made for a great private space for our pack: three areas to prep meals or crafts and plenty of space on the perimeter for tents, leaving open room to play.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this campground

Located only 30 miles outside the city, and conveniently only 10 mins from my house, this is the perfect little getaway. The website is very descriptive when it comes to photos and explaining the campsite (I.e if it’s wooded or open) which I loved. I feel like I was able to pick the perfect spot. There’s so much to do too from the lake to hiking! Most sites also have electricity hook ups! For only $20 a night for DuPage residents this place is perfect!

Hidden Gem

Just outside of Chicago, we have been staying here for quick weekend trips and absolutely love the proximity to home. They have discounted rates for Dupage county residents and have electric at all sites and great prices for firewood. Sites are level and clean and they have modern bathrooms. We take our kayaks to the lake during the summer and Illinois just did away with reg stickers this year.

Great County park

Stay here several times each year. Only down side of the park is that it is only open on the weekends. On holiday weekends you are able to stay for three nights. The sites are crushed limestone and are level and wooded. There is one bathroom/shower building at the front of the campground. There are some clean outhouses places around the campground. If you are staying here to see Chicago the gates close for the park an hour after sunset.

Great fishing

These sites are for boy/Girl Scout or large groups only. The trails are nice and the water is crystal clear. Nice place for a winter hike. Canoe rentals and free archery range.

Loved it

We like to hike and this site had great (kid and beginner adult level) trails. We were in town for the Sgt Tommys fishing day and lived that event as well.

Great Hiking!

I always loved going to the parks in Illinois with my grandparents when I was little. They love hiking and nature and definitely got me interested in it also. I love them and miss them everyday.

Great family campground

This is a little gem in DuPage County. We live in the area and went here when our child was a baby, as we didn't want to be far from home. The campsites are surprisingly nice. Most are wooded on each side for privacy. There is a nice shower facility. The grounds include a lake for boating, hiking trails, and bike paths. There is also an archery range, and some ranger programs. Very nice.