Yurts
Equestrian
About Shawnee Forest Campground

Located in the Middle of Southern Illinois just Off I-24 it is a great place to stay while you explore all the the Shawnee Forest. From Giant City to Garden of the Gods. The Tunnel Hill bike trail is a half mile away and Cache River is just down the road. We have 60 Full Hook up sites. Large pull through sites up to 120 feet long. We have Shower Houses and Laundry Facilities. Our Campground is Open Year Round.

Price
$40.00
Private
Shawnee Forest Campground is located in Illinois
7 Reviews of Shawnee Forest Campground
Great place

Gary and his family are very polite and very happy to be helpful. Great prices. Burn pit and cooking grill above the pit at every site I visited. Clean Air condition in the bathroom. Showers work great. I stayed here twice, my family and I had a great time and met some really nice people.

Converted Golf Course w/fishing ponds

Relatively new. Has great potential. Located in Vienna, IL near Shawnee National Forest. It has 3 fish & release ponds. Sites were a bit hilly which stands to reason since it was converted from a golf course in 2016. Some sites are pretty long. It accommodated our 35ft. MH with attached car. Some sites are close together with very little shade. The campground had lots of open sites during our stay (3rd week in Aug), but during our stay 2 other short stay campers came in & they parked them right next to us. -Full hook ups available -Hosts were very friendly & provided insight to area. -Bath house - provided air conditioning. Although new & spacious there were only 4 in the entire campground & the toilet & shower were in same space. Upon arrival only 1 was open near us. Subsequently the 2nd was closed due to a water valve malfunction & wasn’t re-opened during our stay. My husband likes level sites & facilities he could use. He said he wouldn’t come back any time soon.

Enjoyed our stay

New campground and trying to get established. Sites are large, staff is very nice and helpful. Didn’t go in restrooms but they look new and very nice. Price was right and we will DEFINITELY be back.

Full hook ups on a old golf course

Pretty nice new campground! Hosts are very friendly and outgoing! Sites are clean and shower house is cleanest I’ve ever seen. All sites are full hook up.

Primitive camp site but super quiet

Bring your own firewood. From inside the state of IL of course. The hiking is incredible.

Scenic

As with all of southern Illinois it’s very senic rock formations neat trails and fishing.

brand new campround

great pull through sites several ponds fishing catch and release very nice walking paths plenty of woods easy on easy off one of akind campground a must visit