Lake Shelbyville , ILLINOIS

Camping Illinois Lake Shelbyville

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Lake Shelbyville Camping Reviews
Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Interesting!

We stopped here for a night. There is a restaurant near but it was closed. Mostly long term occupants with about 5 sites for travelers. It is on airport property and there is a helicopter service there. For the price we would stay again.

Great Stop-off

We stopped here on our way home for one night, but got in early enough to enjoy a walk and have a camp fire that evening. Small park but very long, narrow pull through sites on the full hook up side, there were some smaller water/electric sites that looked to be more of a parking lot that sites, but well spaced out and adequate. The camp host was very friendly and the camp store was well stocked.

Great Campground!

We have stayed here twice, and will stay again for sure when in the area. Fantastic camp hosts, large pull through spots, pool, mini golf, and more. Very convenient to get too and the check in is very fast.

Small Lake And Beautiful

It's a small campground that offers a playground,bathhouse, hiking trails, and a small swimming area. There is easy access walking down to the marina. With small towns close to this state park.

Great Place

We were coming here to camp with a group of friends. On the way down we had an issue with our camper and had to take it back to the shop. We called and the owner was willing to change our spot to a cabin with no notice. The cabins are nice and comfy and our friends camper spot was nice and spacious. The rest of the campground was clean, especially the bathrooms. Definitely check it out!!!

Stay here!

Beautiful campground! Super clean and peaceful. Highly recommend đź‘Ś

Great Fall Weekend at Coon Creek

We spent the weekend at Coon Creek and had a great time.  I enjoyed our Site #14.  There was a path behind our site that led to a private "beach". Brought my camp chair down the path, and enjoyed my coffee enjoying the lake view while my kiddos were hunting for more frogs.  There are flushing toilets, but weren't that great to me… doors wouldn't lock and there were no soap dispensers. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay.

Perfect stop!

Barb and Gary were the most accommodating hosts! We had called 2 hours out, on our way from Ohio to Arkansas, and they met our every need; even on such short notice! Perfect stop off of I70. Beautiful walking paths, convenient, great pricing. They filled us up on LP too. Thanks again, Barb and Gary!

Beautiful/Quiet during week!

We stopped in to Wolf Creek State Park later in the day on a Wednesday after trying to stop at a different campground that was closed. We were worried about finding a spot as the sun was going down so we called even though no one usually answers phones at state parks (esp during COVID). The woman that answered was SO nice and I was so happy to hear a voice on the other end. So that’s a huge plus. You can reserve spots online in advance but clearly we did not because we didn’t know we’d be headed there. Same day is first come first serve. We are tent people and love primitive camping in spots where we can really be away from everyone and at least pretend like we’re alone. Rolling in in the dark, we weren’t motivated to checkout the walk-in campsites. And it wasn’t necessary because the area - which if full would’ve been pretty cramped for our taste- was absolutely empty. So we were happy. Many many spots for RVs all next to one another but there was tree cover for some and the possibility of a little bit of privacy but not much in that area.

We had an almost full moon, but otherwise I think the stars would’ve been pretty awesome. The next morning we woke up and took a little hike down to Shelby Resevoir to see what was around. We were at campsite 18 and it was about 10 min hike down over there. Beautiful and big! Maybe good swimming I would assume? Too late in the year for us.

We will definitely be back to checkout more of the primitive/walk-in/hike in sites! Hiking trails look interesting and fun and Eagle Creek State Park is just across the water (that’s the bigger one). The 4 stars was because the sites are pretty close together which- even with RVs- I think people mind- but maybe not? We love to be back in the woods ans I do think there is an option for that. We just didn’t have time to check it out. Will update!