$25 - $35 / night

92 Reviews

About This Campground

State Park

Hunting Closures this fall: November 18-21 & December 1-5

Starved Rock State Park on the Illinois River bluff in La Salle County is one of Illinois'​ most beautiful destinations. Camping near Starved rock features 18 canyons w/ vertical walls of moss-covered stone formed by glacial meltwater…

Add Campground Info

Starved Rock State Park Campground is located in Illinois

Detail location of campground

Directions

From I-39 southbound: South to I-80 east (exit #59). Go 2 miles to exit #81 (Rt. 178, Utica). Go south (right) 3 miles on Rt. 178 and follow the signs into the Park. From I-39 northbound: North to Exit #48 (Tonica exit). Go east (right) for approximately 5 miles to the T-intersection, which is Rt. 178. Go north (left) for approximately 5 miles and follow the signs into the Park. From I-80 Eastbound and Westbound: Get off at exit #81 (Rt.178, Utica). Go south 3 miles on Rt. 178 and follow the signs into the Park. From the Chicago area: Take I-294 or I-355 south to I-55. Take I-55 south to I-80. Go west on I-80, 45 miles to Exit #81 (Rt. 178, Utica). Go south (left) 3 miles on Rt. 178 and follow the signs into the park.

Address

2668 East 875th Road
Oglesby, IL 61348

Coordinates

88.98698911820111 W

Open in Google Maps

The Dyrt Alerts

Get reservations at sold-out campgrounds.

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.
  • Hike-In
    Backcountry sites.

Stay Connected

• WiFi
    Unknown
  • Verizon
    Good
  • AT&T
    Unknown

92 Reviews

Jayne M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2022

Beautiful park great location

Easy walk-in process. Well maintained grounds and facilities Near Starved Rock Lodge for hiking and a meal with a view. Dog friendly on back deck.

• hiking for all levels
  • spacious sites
  • view from Lovers Leap
Month of VisitNovember
K
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2022

Overall good experience

I stayed here for 1 night- site#12 in the west loop. The staff was friendly and the grounds seemed to be well maintained. I loved that it was so close to Starved Rock Park(5 minutes). Electricity was available at the camp site. I wish that there was water at each site but luckily, we were able to…

• Water fill-up - Be sure to pull the round gold diverter down so water can be redirected into the hose.
  • Campsite 12
  • Bench and fire pit by site 12
Patrick W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2022

Okay

Could’ve been much better. Somewhat dirty, dumpsters overflowing with trash. Campsites were a little on the small side. Really cool area with really neat hiking.

Starved Rock State Park Campground is located in Illinois