Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 35 ft.
Kickapoo is located in Illinois
15 Reviews of Kickapoo
My 'home' campsite.

I live about 30 minutes from Kickapoo SP and anytime I feel I need to camp I head over. Great little campground in Central Illinois. Some pretty trails overlooking, beside, and sometimes through water. The RV sites are great for either rv, van, or tent camping with a lot of level ground at most sites. There are some real diamonds of a campsite hidden here that you can basically be in the woods with clear ground for a level tent. I love this simple campground and have brought a handful of friends here who also enjoyed it.

Keeping it basic (Primitive nonelectric site)

Have to walk to the site but if you want nonelectric/ primitive that’s what you get. Water pump at either side of the entry. Some outhouses available. Trails close as well as fishing areas. Large sites for camping. Deer and wildlife seen in the mornings. Really nice way to get off the grid for a second without having to go too far.

Our favorite so far

The spots for RVs are HUGE. The roads and nice and wide and the views are beautiful. The weather was not nice to us during our stay, but we still got to get out on the lake and canoe (Kickapoo adventures). We also took a short hike when it wasn’t raining and really enjoyed it. This park has a lot more to offer than what we were able to do. I saw playgrounds, corn hole, fishing spots galore, bike trails, etc. I didn’t see anywhere to swim, which was disappointing. Overall though it was a great visit. We’ll definitely be back!

Great place!

I’ve been camping at Kickapoo for 5 years and I love it. The campground hosts at the entrance are kind and helpful and the campgrounds have been undergoing improvements making it even more enjoyable.

Peaceful

Beautiful campground and park. Campsites are very roomy.

Great camping for out door enthusiasts

Campground is well maintained. Clean bathrooms. Large level sites. They offer great activities such as movies, float trips, kayaks, canoes, paddle boats. Snack shop on site. They also have live entertainment at times at the stage by the snack shop.

Wooded area with nice picnic spots. Newer playground equipment. Hiking trails. Lots of fishing areas.

Highly recommend this camp ground.

Average midwestern state campground

Several loops.  Tent loops are pretty much open fields.  We stayed in a loop with electrical hook up.  Sites are level and there are trees through out the campground.  Sites on the interior of the loop can be close to the one behind it so check your site carefully before you choose it.  Bathrooms are older but clean.  Shower does not allow for adjustment of water temperature.  Hiking trails are not well marked except for the mountain biking trails, which were well marked.

Keep it dry

Nice CG. No booze signs posted, take it serious! Watched a ranger evict and entire group late in the evening for drinking. They weren’t being rowdy but we’re breaking the rules. Nice place to canoe!

Great Trails and Paddling

Campground is super basic but the access to trails and paddling is amazing. This park is severely underfunded so don’t expect much for amenities. That said it’s a great place to setup for a weekend on the trails.

Well maintained. Lots of wildlife,deer,turkey.

Greattach hiking trails. 12 miles of Mountain Bike trails