Nature
Water

Coon Creek (Il)

13 Reviews

About This Campground

Coon Creek is a large campground that sits on the western shore of Lake Shelbyville in the heart of central Illinois.

Families enjoy the playground, swimming area and shaded campsites within the facility. The lake and surrounding land offer outdoor activities for people of all ages, including…

For Campers

• Pull-Through Sites
  • 30 amp Hookups
  • 50 amp Hookups

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite
  • Boat In
    Boat to your campsite

Reviews

13 Reviews of Coon Creek (Il)

Ratings Breakdown

• 7
  • 6
C
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2020

Great Fall Weekend at Coon Creek

We spent the weekend at Coon Creek and had a great time.  I enjoyed our Site #14.  There was a path behind our site that led to a private "beach". Brought my camp chair down the path, and enjoyed my coffee enjoying the lake view while my kiddos were hunting for more frogs.  There are flushing…

Mike  D.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2020

Hidden Gem in Southern Illinois

I should start this review by saying the day we got home from this trip, I booked the same campsite for the end of September. So yeah, it was great.

Living on the north side of Chicago, we were looking for campgrounds in Wisconsin for this trip but then, alas, the quarantine rules went into…

• Buddy Campsite at the end of a road.
  • Had to get a pontoon boat for the day. Closet marina is Findlay Marina about 15 minutes from the campground.
  • Gorgeous views from the campsite.
R
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2018

Loved it!

Lake Shelbyville has everything: biking, hiking, a beach, fishing and the town has a small movie theater showing current movies for $4.00.

Coon Creek (Il) is located in Illinois

Directions

From Shelbyville, Illinois: Go 4.5 miles north of Shelbyville on State Route 128 to County Road 1750 N. Turn right (east) and drive 0.9 miles to County Road 1900 E. Make a left (north) and go 0.35 mile to County Road 1785 N. Turn right (east) and drive 1.75 miles to County Road 2075 E. Turn right (south) and go 1.7 miles to the facility.

Coordinates